Hamels Peeved at LoDuca - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hamels Peeved at LoDuca

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hamels Peeved at LoDuca

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:17 pm

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/7915486.html
KANSAS CITY - Cole Hamels doesn't take kindly to being shown up. Yesterday, he put bat-flipping Mets catcher Paul Lo Duca on notice.
"When I strike a guy out, I walk off. I don't fist pump. I don't try to show up their team," Hamels said. "You get to the major leagues, that's where you're supposed to show your class."

In Hamels' mind, Lo Duca's act Thursday in New York lacked class.

Lo Duca hit a home run to leftfield off Hamels in the sixth inning. It was the Mets' third consecutive homer. It came after the Phillies disputed a home-run call that went in the Mets' favor. All of the homers came with two outs. Lo Duca's gave the Mets the lead.

Lo Duca, 34, a 10-year veteran, posed, watched the ball fly out and flipped the bat, earning disapproval from Hamels, a 23-year-old who was starting his 36th major league game.

"It was a big moment. Maybe the excitement got the best of him. There was a lot of game left, as we saw," Hamels said, referring to the Phillies' comeback win.

Will Lo Duca pay?

"I have to be careful here," Hamels said, grinning evilly. "Let's just say, it could have been a mistake on his part."

Lo Duca did not face Hamels again Thursday, since Hamels left after the seventh. The teams meet June 29 to July 1 in Philadelphia.

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/ne ... p&c_id=phi
click any of the links on the right hand side, then when the player loads, you can see it. "should be mets 3 straight homers"

hamels DEFINITELY has a right to be peeved at loduca. i was surprised he didnt get plunked in that game.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hamels Peeved at LoDuca

Postby dclark0699 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:24 pm

As a pitcher myself...I'd love to see the pitcher's stare down hitters after they strike them out, or do some sort of glove flip/rip their shirt off and run around.

Stop staring at the ball and run to first. Nothing makes you look more like an idiot than staring it down and then ending up with a single when it hits off the wall. You've hit one before, you will hit one again....act like it.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Redefine9d » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:25 pm

I really dislike Paul LoDuca, seems like a complete scumbag.
Redefine9d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby zhutou » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:27 pm

don't see what's so wrong about it... and it looked more like a toss than a flip.
zhutou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:27 pm

Redefine9d wrote:I really dislike Paul LoDuca, seems like a complete scumbag.

are you taking the fact that he cheats on his wife with "myspace girls" and owes the mob thousands of dollars from bets into consideration too ? :D

it was DEFINITELY a flip...it rotated several times before it hit the ground.
Last edited by Snakes Gould on Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby smoovethug » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:29 pm

Watching the game I noticed the bat flip immediately and was very upset about it. OK I understand you're excited, and for good reason. You've hit the 3rd HR in a row off of a great pitcher. Don't do something that blatantly stupid and arrogant. It's funny too because later in the game there was a runner on 3rd with 2 outs, Lo Duca up to bat. Jimy Williams came out to the mound (Manuel had been ejected) for what looked like a stern mound visit. I really thought he was going to pull a page from Ozzie Guillen's book and tell him to plunk Lo Duca. He didn't, but boy do I wish he did.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby 5 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:10 am

Big deal...a bat flip. It's not like he pulled a fat loser move by actually throwing a bat at someone.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby cordscords » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:56 am

Solution- Dont give up dingers, and you wont have this problem on your hands.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Syler » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:24 am

Maybe if Hamels didn't keep serving up gopher balls in that inning, that wouldn't have happened.

And so what if LoDuca did that? He rarely ever does it, considering he rarely ever hits HRs...
Syler Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:35 am

so you guys think its ok to try and show up the pitcher? why not just run around the bases and sing "nanny-nanny-boo-boo" next time.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers