Dan Haren's Split fingered pitch - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dan Haren's Split fingered pitch

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Dan Haren's Split fingered pitch

Postby dooz » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:37 pm

smoovethug wrote:I wish he would get more publicity, I didn't even know he threw a splitter. He definitely should start the All Star Game, IMO.

Wow, the splitter is his best pitch.

The guy has been insane. I could see an argument for either Haren or Beckett starting the ASG. At this pace, there isn't anyone else really in the conversation for the AL Cy Young, though we all know Johan is going to go nuts soon.
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:25 pm

Yes, I said they should hang on to HARDEN and I'm serious about that too....If you have ever watched him pitch you would know that he is probably the best talent outside of Liriano(now hurt) and Felix hernandez.....Guy has a 100 mph fastball that he maintains throughout the game, devasting change, split and slider and he has command of all of his pitches..I know he hasn't been healthy the past couple of years but that doesn't change the fact that when he is healthy, he could be that shut down ace that every good team has.
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby smoovethug » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:06 pm

StudentOfTheGame wrote:Yes, I said they should hang on to HARDEN and I'm serious about that too....If you have ever watched him pitch you would know that he is probably the best talent outside of Liriano(now hurt) and Felix hernandez.....Guy has a 100 mph fastball that he maintains throughout the game, devasting change, split and slider and he has command of all of his pitches..I know he hasn't been healthy the past couple of years but that doesn't change the fact that when he is healthy, he could be that shut down ace that every good team has.

Harden is the Mark Prior of the AL. Electric, dominant, nasty, filthy, etc, etc, when he's healthy. But he will spend more time on the DL than on the mound. Hopefully he can rebound though and not end up like Prior has.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby tecmobowl12 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:45 pm

Haren The Galleria of Pitching

wow where did you get that gem? "He went to Haren!"
tecmobowl12
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Previous