Dan Haren's Split fingered pitch - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dan Haren's Split fingered pitch

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dan Haren's Split fingered pitch

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:19 pm

This has the be one of the best pitches in baseball right now.. I always remember him having that pitch, but he has really mastered it this season. It's moving all over the place and he locates it brilliantly....

Anyone know if Harden maybe tought him how to throw the "spluckle" that he has in his arsenal? The A's need to hold on to these two guys because they have some unbelievable stuff.
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dan Haren's Split fingered pitch

Postby SmartassBoiler » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:31 pm

They need to hold onto Harden? For what, the 70 innings he pitches each season? :B
SmartassBoiler
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tianyi86 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:05 am

SmartassBoiler wrote:They need to hold onto Harden? For what, the 70 innings he pitches each season? :B

Maybe you should read better before making a smartass comment next time. He's talking about Danny Haren, not Rich Harden :t
tianyi86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Lordrevolution » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:20 am

tianyi86 wrote:
SmartassBoiler wrote:They need to hold onto Harden? For what, the 70 innings he pitches each season? :B

Maybe you should read better before making a smartass comment next time. He's talking about Danny Haren, not Rich Harden :t

And you didn't read the origional post. The origional poster said something about keeping "these two."
Lordrevolution
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby EP3 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:20 am

tianyi86 wrote:

seems like he read it ok to me...

anyway haren is unbelievable this year. he was drafted so late in my leagues! i would like to see one of his games to see this splitter he has.
EP3
College Coach
College Coach

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:44 am

Lordrevolution wrote:
tianyi86 wrote:

And you didn't read the origional post. The origional poster said something about keeping "these two."

haha...who cant read now? PWN3D
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby Lordrevolution » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:52 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
Lordrevolution wrote:
tianyi86 wrote:Maybe you should read better before making a smartass comment next time. He's talking about Danny Haren, not Rich Harden :t

I feel like saying something about glass houses, but that would be so old school.
Lordrevolution
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Boyakasha » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:32 am

Lordrevolution wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:

I feel like saying something about glass houses, but that would be so old school.

just remember what demetri martin says about throwing stones in glass houses...
Boyakasha
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Jury » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:36 am

tianyi86 wrote:

It might be a good idea to read the original post (including the last sentence) before going after someone.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby smoovethug » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:18 pm

I wish he would get more publicity, I didn't even know he threw a splitter. He definitely should start the All Star Game, IMO.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers