AJ Burnett - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

AJ Burnett

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

AJ Burnett

Postby Philly_05 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:37 pm

So how long till the Jays run this guy into the ground with these pitch counts? Do they even follow pitch counts in Toronto it makes me wonder sometimes. Is everyone going to try to trade him high before he blows out his arm. Anyone actually think he will keep pitching well and not end up on the DL with this kind of work load?
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 635)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: AJ Burnett

Postby SmartassBoiler » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:33 pm

I'm very worried. They gave him an extra day off this past week, then they let him throw 130 pitches, negating any rest his arm received with the extra day. I'm definitely inclined to shop him around at this point. The problem is, what pitchers can you trade for that aren't out to insane starts that you'd have to overpay for, or don't have injury concerns of their own?
SmartassBoiler
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:37 pm

As long as he keeps throwing strikes, he should do fine. I'm not too worried about injuries in his case, he's been pitching for over a year with no problems, and his injury last year wasn't actually an injury at all, just a consequence of the surgery he had a few years ago that he could have pitched through. Pitch counts are very overrated IMO, and it appears that the Jays think so as well in the case of Burnett.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby SmartassBoiler » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:54 pm

mweir145 wrote:As long as he keeps throwing strikes, he should do fine. I'm not too worried about injuries in his case, he's been pitching for over a year with no problems, and his injury last year wasn't actually an injury at all, just a consequence of the surgery he had a few years ago that he could have pitched through. Pitch counts are very overrated IMO, and it appears that the Jays think so as well in the case of Burnett.

What do you think about the fact he got used like this in Florida years ago, which caused his elbow injury? Isn't this the same thing?
SmartassBoiler
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers