B Wood? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

B Wood?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: B Wood?

Postby theclefe » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:38 am

thedude wrote:
hot sauce wrote:Wood is a guy I am buying right now in all keeper/dynasty leagues. He is still a wiry kid with room to grow and power is his calling card. He is going to be a very valuable fantasy player, even if he hits for .250-.275 average. With potential to hit 30-40+ HR and steal 10+ bases in the middle of a lineup, I'd take him as my future 3b any day of the week.

There is going to be an adjustment period when he starts getting regular ab's (hopefully next season), but be patient, he is going to be a bigtime ballplayer.

That is the thing. He has a huge power upside. He already has tons of raw power and if he can put any muscle on that skinny frame he will have scary power. He is like Soriano with less speed and better defense. Maybe never a top flight fantasy player, but someone who will be starting in most leagues.

Exactlly. At third base, which is a difficult position to have fantasy value in because of the immense talent. He is certainly a guy I would hang onto in a dynasty league, and in my 20-man keeper.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: B Wood?

Postby clarkw267 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:40 pm

The Angels have set this guy back at least half of a season, maybe more with the way they have mis-managed him.

They bring up their stud prospect to be a bench player, leaving him to rot with no regular ABs, then send him down to the minors and wonder why he is struggling.

He actually has improved him plate discipline this year (which isn't saying a whole lot since it's still pretty bad), but it seems that every time he starts to find his stroke, they call him up, and then send him back down a week later.. it's pure stupidity.
clarkw267
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball