B Wood? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

B Wood?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

B Wood?

Postby Moist hands Alou » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:08 pm

Hey guys you have any insight on Wood. Supposed to be a super prospect what the deal? I need to hang on to one of these guys Wood, J Hamilton or Billingsly who do I keep for next year?
Moist hands Alou Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: B Wood?

Postby FalcoAtL » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:15 pm

I think Wood is your best bet for the long haul, but Hamilton probably will be a better option next season.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Moist hands Alou » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:41 pm

Yeah only one season for these three. JHam is my bet bet you think? Thanks.
Moist hands Alou Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby King Tim » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:16 pm

Brandon Wood-3B- Angels Jul. 14 - 9:07 pm et

Angels recalled third baseman Brandon Wood from Triple-A Salt Lake.

Wood is back in the majors after going 1-for-11 in his first stint with the Angels this season. He'll get a couple of starts at third base before Howie Kendrick returns, but he shouldn't have any fantasy value.

:-t :-t :-t

The Angels should start the kid everyday at 3B and move Figgins to second while Kendrick is out. Why the hell are they bringing him up a third time this year to sit the bench and not hit everday. JUST LEAVE HIM IM AAA!!!! He went in a horrid slump last time when he returned to Salt Lake after rotting on the Angels bench............and he is still hitting .262-15-55-8 dunring his "bad" season. The people who are down on him now are in for a big shock when he get to play everyday in the bigs. He is a top 5 guy and will eventually prove it.
King Tim
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby King Tim » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:43 pm

wtf is going on with Wood and the Angels? Why is he even on the squad? He should be playing everyday in Salt Lake. Stupid a$$es. 4 ab for the week. :-[
King Tim
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:00 am

never a believer, still not a believer, I'd take Ian Stewart over him...

Brandon Wood=Tony Batista.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Surfs up » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:29 pm

Dallas McPherson All or nothing. I agree with above poster. But I believe he is an AAAA player. Overrated and Over matched for majors league. He may hit guys hes played aginst in the minors but when he gets up against any quality major league pitcher hes just another over hyped minor leaguer. I hope he stays up for at leats 10 more days. That means the jerk that owns him in my 12 team AL only will have to activate him and his clock starts ticking.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 193)

Postby theclefe » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:38 pm

Wood will be a major league ball player. Solid defense is key, with plus power. It is easy to look overmatched when you are getting limited at bats. He has only had six at bats in two weeks. That does havoc with his timing. I think he could easily start at 3rd next season for the Angels, and give you 20 hrs with a .260 avg. Not great from the position, but a good fridge guy for fantasy with plenty if upside. I just looked him up on Baseball Notebook's newest BNRA, and he still has him projected for a 30 Hr prime. He'll probably be in the Adrian Beltre range with more Rbi's, which is still within the top 100-150.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby hot sauce » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:48 pm

Wood is a guy I am buying right now in all keeper/dynasty leagues. He is still a wiry kid with room to grow and power is his calling card. He is going to be a very valuable fantasy player, even if he hits for .250-.275 average. With potential to hit 30-40+ HR and steal 10+ bases in the middle of a lineup, I'd take him as my future 3b any day of the week.

There is going to be an adjustment period when he starts getting regular ab's (hopefully next season), but be patient, he is going to be a bigtime ballplayer.
hot sauce
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby thedude » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:46 am

hot sauce wrote:Wood is a guy I am buying right now in all keeper/dynasty leagues. He is still a wiry kid with room to grow and power is his calling card. He is going to be a very valuable fantasy player, even if he hits for .250-.275 average. With potential to hit 30-40+ HR and steal 10+ bases in the middle of a lineup, I'd take him as my future 3b any day of the week.

There is going to be an adjustment period when he starts getting regular ab's (hopefully next season), but be patient, he is going to be a bigtime ballplayer.

That is the thing. He has a huge power upside. He already has tons of raw power and if he can put any muscle on that skinny frame he will have scary power. He is like Soriano with less speed and better defense. Maybe never a top flight fantasy player, but someone who will be starting in most leagues.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball