Matt Anderson - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Matt Anderson

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Matt Anderson

Postby Dark Treb » Sat May 11, 2002 9:42 pm

What's the latest on him? I heard he just needed some time to strengthen his arm, but is he okay?

He's probably the only underachiever on my staff right now, though that is in part due to the Tigers stinking when he was active (just my luck, they start winning after he hits the DL). He's got no saves, though I realized, he did net me 2 wins 8-o
Dark Treb
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Sat May 11, 2002 9:48 pm

The latest is that he'll be back on Tuesday and should resume his closing duties (perhaps after pitching his first game in a non-save situation). With luck, his poor performance so far was due to arm trouble that he is over now. It's not a certainty, since some health issues are tough to catch or heal completely, but things look good at the mo´ment.

Nice to have a staff with just óne underachiever! :-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mktgteach » Sat May 11, 2002 9:57 pm

From the Detroit Free Press

"Matt Anderson said he's 80-90 percent recovered from a strained right shoulder and should be able to be activated from the DL when he's eligible on Tuesday. This is good news, although Anderson may not return to saving games right away. Juan Acevedo has saved three of four chances. "
mktgteach
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Matt Anderson - Facial Hair?

Postby 84' Tigers » Mon May 13, 2002 4:59 pm

Have you seen Anderson's goatee? Maybe he should shave his beard to help "shave" his era! Or perhaps he could get traded to the Yankees with Dream Weaver where no facial hair is allowed.

Seriously, give Anderson some time to rebound. He is also been rumored to be traded to Texas for a number of prospects and Hank Blalock. The Tigers need to rebuild their entire infield except 1st base as they have 8 firstbasemen playing currently.

Restore the Roar in 2004. Go Tigers!
84' Tigers
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby mktgteach » Mon May 13, 2002 5:27 pm

Interesting, I haven't heard that trade rumor. Doubt it will happen with Irabu doing so well. The Rangers announcers the other night say that Rangers Mgmt feels that Irabu has found his niche. At least he is showing up to the ballpark sober 8-o

I'm out! ;-D
Go Hokies!
mktgteach
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Arlo » Mon May 13, 2002 5:59 pm

8-o Wow - that's quite a rumor. I hadn't heard that either (it's great to have folks from all over to catch the local buzz!). Thanks for the info.

More or less the entire Detroit team can be included in trade talks at this point, it seems, although I hadn't thought of Anderson as one of the likelier candidates to be dealt. Might make sense for the Tigers, especially if they can get a solid package in return. I'm not sure I understand this deal from the Rangers' side, though...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers