issues with this weeks opponent - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

issues with this weeks opponent

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

issues with this weeks opponent

Postby ToddMB875 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:19 am

a few weeks back i complained mistakenly that someone was sitting their starters in the pitching...I apologized

My opponent this week comes at me with only 3 starting pitchers and wonders why I bench 2 of my 6 starting pitchers. Him having a total of 5 starts and me having 7 starts for the week!

this is what he posted on the message board

"Hey man, wasn't that you complaining a few weeks back that your opponent wasn't pitching his starters? And what are you doing now? Oh, not pitching your starters. Hmmmmmm. Interesting."

and my reply.....

"well lets see...you have 3 starters....and just 5 starts this week...I've already made 4 starts...Zito will be 5...so if you're going to have 5 relief pitchers why should I make any more starts than you ???? Carry more starters I'll make more starts. Otherwise shut your piehole Mr. 5 relievers and thinks nobody will notice!!!Not my fault Holladay got bombed to blow up your ERA!!! he he he :)

Now I understand why thats the name of your team. Why do you have only 3 starters? Awe...go light on the starters keep my era down (didn't work this week) and maybe these guys are stupid and won't notice! I'll dump Zambrano before his next start and add a 5th reliever nobody will even notice that. Bet you wish you kept the old boy this week huh? Let see 6.2 with 2ER, 9K's and a win...yup shoulda kept him a couple more days! As the saying goes...shoulda coulda woulda...I hope for your sake he has a tiny era and lots of wins the rest of the way!!! Moral of the story...before you go crying cuz I sat 2 of my starters...look in the mirror

then my message to everyone in our league...

Dirtbags tried to pull a fast one this week. My team happens to be near the top of the standings as we speak and he decides in order to make ground he's going to only have 3 starting pitchers to my 6. Then he expects me to make a total of 7 starts to his 5! That way he'll win the catagories of era, hits, earned runs, runs , walks , whip. What he didn't expect? Mr. Halladay to get his a** shelled...and for me take his little plan and shove right up his a**. You play with fire...you get burned. If he's so bent out of shape about me sitting Lincecum and Gorzalanny...go ahead and bench Halladay and Lowe...I dare ya! Nah he won't do that cuz he doesn't have the guts! I beat ya at your own game son! I suggest that until Mr. Dirtbags decides carry more starters and use them...everyone else do the same!

Am I wrong to be so pissed off about this???
ToddMB875
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: issues with this weeks opponent

Postby JTWood » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:00 am

ToddMB875 wrote:Am I wrong to be so pissed off about this???

I think you should have asked us that before you posted a leaguewide tirade.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Re: issues with this weeks opponent

Postby n0_j0 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:56 pm

I don't understand why it's even an issue. If the league rules are such that you can do well with few starts, then why wouldn't you have few starts in order to do well? Why would there be a requirement that you start all of your pitchers?
n0_j0
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Commissioner's Corner