John Daly Beat Up/Stabbed By Wife? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

John Daly Beat Up/Stabbed By Wife?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

John Daly Beat Up/Stabbed By Wife?

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:14 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?s ... &type=lgns

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) -- John Daly told authorities his wife tried stab him with a steak knife, and the golfer had red marks on his cheeks when he showed up to play Friday on the course where he lives.

Daly called police about 6 a.m. on Friday, Shelby County Sheriff's department spokesman Steve Shular said. When deputies arrived, wife Sherrie and the couple's children were not there. Deputies could not find the knife he claimed she used.

Daly is competing this week in the Stanford St. Jude Championship on a sponsor's exemption. He was tied for eighth after the first round in which he had a triple bogey and rebounded with five straight birdies.

He did not speak with reporters, but issued a statement saying he was the "victim of an assault by my wife."

"I filed a complaint with the Shelby County Sheriff's Office. They are investigating, and I'll have no further comment on the matter while they pursue their investigation. My only concern at this point is for the safety of my children and myself," the statement said.

Daly also said he was working with local authorities and tour security for protection. He had two bodyguards with him through his round, and he went from a tie for eighth to a tie for 58th with a 4-over 74 that featured two double bogeys, five bogeys and five birdies.

He did not speak to reporters after finishing his round, which should let him play into the weekend for only the fourth time in 12 events this year.

No charges had been filed Friday afternoon, and it will be Daly's decision whether he wants that to happen, Shular said.

The 41-year-old golfer and his wife argued last night at a restaurant near the golf course, he told deputies.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: John Daly Beat Up/Stabbed By Wife?

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:59 pm

The only question is, who was more drunk in this situation?
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby theclefe » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:12 am

She should be in jail. Cops hunt guys down if there is a scratch on a woman. The story didn't say they took her into custody.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby smoovethug » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:16 am

On SportsCenter they added that this happened while he was sleeping. At least she didn't try to pull a Lorena Bobbit. But yeah, there should definitely be some charges pressed against her.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby EP3 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:44 am

dang i wouldn't mess with daly. that dude is pretty huge.
EP3
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pablo975 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:32 pm

I just discovered tonite that a friend of mine was with Daly that night hangin out. Apparently the missus was none too pleased with their fun times. :o

"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Return to General Talk