Bogus trades - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Beginner's Forum

Bogus trades

Bogus trades

Postby djack909 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:27 pm

This what I do when offered a unfair trade. I ignore it. Why ? As long as the trade is being offered the person making the cannot try to make a bogus trade of his players until he cancels his offer to me. Also, there are times when his lower value player would be the best available replacement for your better player if your player has a season ending injury. That has happened several times to me, and I was able to trade my injured play for his decent replacement. That's why you should not make bogus trade offers. They will get vetoed anyway if accepted. And if you get burned in an injury replacement, no one will veto the trade because you sent them bogus trade offers.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bogus trades

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:05 pm

Wow, I never even thought of that, that's a good idea though.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RugbyD » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:56 am

so you leave an offer out there waiting in case your guy gets injured and then trade your injured player i the offer before the other team can pull it back? please clarify before i start thinking awful thiings about you.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby djack909 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:37 pm

That's right. I am sitting on a Gorzalany for Peavy offer, a Mussina for Haren offer, and a Duffy for Youkilis offer right now. If Peavy, Haren or Youkilis go down with a season ending injury, Gorzalany ect. maybe better that any one on the WW.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Old_Style » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:29 am

RugbyD wrote:so you leave an offer out there waiting in case your guy gets injured and then trade your injured player i the offer before the other team can pull it back? please clarify before i start thinking awful thiings about you.

I guess that's what people get for offering horrible trades. An eye for an eye, right? :-D
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:23 am

As long as the trade is being offered the person making the cannot try to make a bogus trade of his players until he cancels his offer to me.

If I understand you correctly, I believe that you are mistaken. You can have numerous offers out there involving the same players. I do that all the time. I will offer a package to a few teams. First 1 to accept gets it. Obviously, you can't trade a player that is involved in another pending trade, though.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby raiderrob1616 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:12 am

yea good idea, i guess
raiderrob1616
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby great gretzky » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:40 pm

it also sends a perception of you as a disinterested owner. I know people in my leagues get realy irritated at that, especially because while a trade made be totally stupid, some people don't see it that way. Just delete it.

I had a good friend of mine CONTINUALLY offer me some variation of damon and frank thomas in an effort to get victorino. Why would I do that, as I just made another trade that fleshed out my util spot. He offered damon and Thomas for victorino and hudson. I remember thinking to myself that I wouldn't give him either player individually for that. I left it up for a while to make a point, but it ended up just irritating me to the point that I didn't want to be reminded of it. It's laughable because he is always a threat to win, but I finish ahead of him most of the time.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby rails80 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:01 pm

2 things:

#1 - you can offer up to the max proposed trades with the same player as your league allows. For example, I continually have 5-6 proposed trades on the table. Always trying to work a deal to better my team.

#2 - if owners sit on a trade because they think it's "stupid", I'll assume they aren't involved in the league, cancel the trade myself and then offer my guys to another team. For example, I offered Jose Reyes to 2 teams, left the proposed trade up for 8 days (figure if they are on vacation they might have missed it). When they didn't respond, I opened talks with another owner. It all depends on the league your in and the guys you play with, I guess. I always send along an e-mail either before proposing a trade, or along with the proposal explaining my reasoning.
rails80
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 237)

Postby danvan18 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:21 am

dont most leagues have expiration dates on all trade offers? mine does...i think an offer lasts 3 days, and if no one does anything, it is canceled automatically.
C Posey
1B Fielder
2B Pedroia
SS Scutaro
3B Headley
OF Kemp
OF McCutchen
OF A.Gonzalez
UT Pagan
BN Bautista Victorino Utley Machado Stubbs W.Chen Marcum J.Garcia

SP Bumgarner Hellickson Scherzer Ed.Jackson Lynn

RP Papelbon Putz Street