CBS got a phone? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

CBS got a phone?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby trevisc » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:33 pm

shortsavage wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Womack isn't listed in the Top 25 at either SS or 3B, so no clue what rankings you're looking at.

Nice catch! I just checked and Womack did not even make Sportsline's top 600 list.

Maybe you should learn to interpret their ratings before you give up on them ;-D .

CBS Sportsline wrote: Tony Womack Projection: .242 BA, 30 Runs, 19 RBI, 2 HR, 10 SB

60th that ;-)!

that's more like it!
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Re: CBS got a phone?

Postby justinA » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:46 pm

BeSquare wrote:I'm in an Ultra NL league, and made the mistake of signing up with CBS Sportsline. In their current draft prep, they have Tony Womack @ #60 overall. I would have sworn he went to Beantown. Anyway, CBS hides behind emails, so wondered if anyone had their phone number. I want my money back! :-P

you want your money back because of one of their projections??? who cares dude. And they answer all my e-mails in like a day max.
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby beezer » Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:40 pm

You're crazy if you think you're getting a refund because they didn't rank Tony Womack. TONY WOMACK???????? CBS has always replied to my e-mails within a day or two. Last year was the only year we had a problem with the site being down for a couple of days. Other than that, it is the best pay site you can get.
"I feel the need. The need for speed!"
beezer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby monster » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:57 am

i found him in cbs ranking as #55 shortstop
not overall...that seems about right to me...
I didn't really say everything I said.
-Yogi Berra
monster
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: i'm in my own little world, but it's OK, they know me here...

Postby BeSquare » Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:39 am

Glad they reply to you, Beezer. You guys are not understanding my original post. 1) I sent an inquiry three weeks ago about an email problem and CBS has yet to reply. 2) my comment about Womack was in regard to having an NL Ultra league and CBS still showing him rated as the #59 player overall in their draft prep area for such a league (for $120, don't you think they should be more up to date than that?) and 3) they seem to realize their customer service stinks and are willing to give me my money back! Yea!!!!
A bad three minutes at the auction can cost you three months worth of research!
BeSquare
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby wkelly91 » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:12 am

I have played Sportsline for three years now and overall I am very happy :-) with the product.

The times that I have had problems they have been responsive.

This pre-season I was having a problems with pulling up my site. I sent them an e-mail...they responded with suggestions. I tried those suggestions which didn't work. Sent another e-mail. Both were responded to in less than 24 hours. Again suggestions. Again didn't work. This time they gave me a number to call and I talked to a guy who helped us through the problem.

The kicker is the problem had NOTHING to do with sportsline yet they helped correct it anyway!

My guess is that as evidenced by some of the posts in this and other baseball chatrooms, baseball fans can be outrageous and demanding over trivial things and they are just trying to provide a buffer for these ridiculous messages.

I give CBS Sportsline a big ;-D
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mikcou » Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:00 am

monster wrote:i found him in cbs ranking as #55 shortstop
not overall...that seems about right to me...

that makes sense I dont know how he found him at #60 :-?
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:07 am

Sportsline pros:

Live scoring rocks, the articles (if you bother with them), the look, feel and features of the league sites blows Yahoo away and it supports monetary prizes (for those of you who want to play for money but don't want to mail a stranger a cheque).

Sportsline cons:

Stay away from the live draft rooms (unless you are already bald and have no more hair to tear out), I have complained so much that they don't respond to my emails and I deal directly with their legal department, it once took 15 MONTHS to pay out on a league I won.

That being said, they at least spend all of their time and money on fantasy baseball and football. If you think their baseball service sucks it is 100% better than their fantasy hockey.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby shortsavage » Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:05 pm

BeSquare wrote:Glad they reply to you, Beezer. You guys are not understanding my original post. 1) I sent an inquiry three weeks ago about an email problem and CBS has yet to reply. 2) my comment about Womack was in regard to having an NL Ultra league and CBS still showing him rated as the #59 player overall in their draft prep area for such a league (for $120, don't you think they should be more up to date than that?) and 3) they seem to realize their customer service stinks and are willing to give me my money back! Yea!!!!

I think the rating you are talking about is based on your scoring system.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers