CBS got a phone? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

CBS got a phone?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

CBS got a phone?

Postby BeSquare » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:10 pm

I'm in an Ultra NL league, and made the mistake of signing up with CBS Sportsline. In their current draft prep, they have Tony Womack @ #60 overall. I would have sworn he went to Beantown. Anyway, CBS hides behind emails, so wondered if anyone had their phone number. I want my money back! :-P
A bad three minutes at the auction can cost you three months worth of research!
BeSquare
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kentx12 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:12 pm

Welcome to the cafe. If you had been here a little earlier you would have seen all the post saying avoid cbs.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Re: CBS got a phone?

Postby shortsavage » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:50 pm

BeSquare wrote:I'm in an Ultra NL league, and made the mistake of signing up with CBS Sportsline. In their current draft prep, they have Tony Womack @ #60 overall. I would have sworn he went to Beantown. Anyway, CBS hides behind emails, so wondered if anyone had their phone number. I want my money back! :-P

Most of the people in the Cafe are not very high on CBS, but some of us love it! If you are looking for a place to complain about CBS, you have found the perfect spot ;-D. Nonetheless, who knows, you may enjoy what Sportsline has to offer by the end of the year ;-).

You are right, most of their projections are junk. I noticed that many of them are tighly based on 3-year average numbers, hurting many of the guys who have only a few years of play under their belts.

As for a phone number, maybe that will be their big upgrade next year :-D. Their customer service is definately in lower quartile of their business.

Usually, if you email them in the morning during weekdays, you can get an excuse for an answer ;-D . A few of the regulars here have the exact hours memorized.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:56 pm

Don't know about most people, but CBS has a fine product.

Why would you be using their rankings for ANYTHING. They are awful just as ESPNs and all the other major sited who have not got a clue. Use your own rankings. They also have Soriano ranked at 10 overall, Nomo as the 56th? ranked SP I believe behind guys like Radke. They, like everyone else or note, are a total joke on their projections and rankings and why you would rely on them for such things is a mystery.

That said, while the CBS product is good, their custoemer service is not and is notorious for being email driven and a pain to deal with. Better than ESPN or some of the others, but they will never be winning any service awards for it. Most of the major providers have BAD customer service. I have found that Cbs usually gets whatever mino problem you have fixed within a day or two though.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Grouperman941 » Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:13 am

Are there other problems besides the Womack thing?
Womack just signed with Boston over the weekend. They have the news up, but his team name is not changed in the database yet. Since they just launched 2004 on Monday, I doubt they were working with database updates the last few days.

I'm in my third year on Sportsline and my league has had few problems.

This is my first online league, so I don't have anything to compare it to, though.

There is a contact # in the 'Investor relations' section of the site, that I would call if I needed to speak with someone.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:06 am

Sportsline Commish is by far the best fantasy gaming service online.

Womack isn't listed in the Top 25 at either SS or 3B, so no clue what rankings you're looking at.

Phone # is listed in the "investor relations" link.

Basing a site on preseason is laughable -- fyi, their rankings are pretty good (no worse than any other free ones).

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby trevisc » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:05 am

BeSquare wrote:I'm in an Ultra NL league, and made the mistake of signing up with CBS Sportsline. In their current draft prep, they have Tony Womack @ #60 overall. I would have sworn he went to Beantown. Anyway, CBS hides behind emails, so wondered if anyone had their phone number. I want my money back! :-P

#60???

Are you sure that's not under the "Top 100 players to avoid"?

by the way..welcome to the Cafe!
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:34 am

I can't believe they did that!!!! 8-o
RELAX it is still Jan and the deal just happened. I am sure they will update soon. I have used CBS for 3 years now, and IMO it is the best. They are the big dogs of fantasy sports.
Remember there is no crying in baseball.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Madison » Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Anonymous wrote:I can't believe they did that!!!! 8-o
RELAX it is still Jan and the deal just happened. I am sure they will update soon. I have used CBS for 3 years now, and IMO it is the best. They are the big dogs of fantasy sports.
Remember there is no crying in baseball.

I've played leagues with them for quite a few years, and last year was by far the worst product they had put out in that time.

I did read a thread where someone's league did get a refund, so if that's what you want to do, I wouldn't think it would be a problem. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby shortsavage » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:32 pm

Anonymous wrote:Womack isn't listed in the Top 25 at either SS or 3B, so no clue what rankings you're looking at.

Nice catch! I just checked and Womack did not even make Sportsline's top 600 list.

Maybe you should learn to interpret their ratings before you give up on them ;-D .

CBS Sportsline wrote: Tony Womack Projection: .242 BA, 30 Runs, 19 RBI, 2 HR, 10 SB

60th that ;-)!
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers