Good Day for Torre, but Not Everyone’s Happy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Good Day for Torre, but Not Everyone’s Happy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Good Day for Torre, but Not Everyone’s Happy

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:04 am

[Joe] Torre captured that 2,000th victory, 10-3, against the Chicago White Sox on Thursday… Torre became the 10th manager to reach 2,000 victories, and the only one who also had 2,000 hits as a player.
But Mussina was clearly not pleased with Torre’s decision to remove him. Mussina had allowed two hits in six shutout innings before an infield single and another single put runners on first and third with no outs in the seventh.

“Why am I upset?” Mussina said after the game. “Because I threw 80 pitches and I think I could have thrown 110. It was the first mess I had. I just felt like I could have kept going.”
Abreu hit .208 in May, the worst average in any calendar month of his 12-year career (minimum 10 at-bats). Resting for the last game of May, he said, made a big difference. “Fresher mind, fresher body, everything,” he said.

Since then, Abreu is 12 for 25, with eight walks in seven games… “The last two weeks, I was pretty much lost at the plate, swinging at bad pitches,” Abreu said. “I didn’t do my job. I was working so hard to get out of my slump. Finally, I feel a lot better at the plate. Back to normal.”

Full Article
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 326)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to New York Yankees