NYM fans unite! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

NYM fans unite!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

NYM fans unite!

Postby DK » Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:20 pm

In light of all the Met-bashing in the Cafe', I say it's time we stand up and be counted.

Well, I'm DK, as you can tell. I've been a Mets fan all my life, and I'll always stand by my team, in sickness and in health- and there'll be no divorce in this marraige. ;D

Every year I'm going to pull for my team, no matter what nine schmucks are on the field. Let's go Mets! ;-D ;-D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moose » Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:39 pm

Hello DK!

I'm moose.

[crowd says 'hello moose!']

Ive been a Mets fan since 85. I live 6 hours from Shea so I dont get there much (Ive been 3 times). But I see them every year in Montreal. At least for one more year anyway. !+)
moose
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby kentx12 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:02 pm

Hello my name is John Rocker and I was hopeing I could get into this group of people who love the Mets.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby chris8 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:33 pm

Hi everyone! ;-D

I'm Chris, and I've been a huge Mets fan since my Dad got posted to work in NYC in 1989.

Living in England, I obviously don't get to see them play too often (!), but a couple of weeks ago, my wife and I went to New York for a holiday, and we had to take a trip to Shea while we were there.

Got stuffed 8-1 by the Pirates :,-( , but it was great to be back there after so many years!!
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:20 pm

I'm clearly a Mets fan. You can tell from my sparkling wit and incredible good looks.

And I'd rather have Met bashers than all the bandwagon fans we'll have when our minor league system matures.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby DK » Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:56 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:I'm clearly a Mets fan. You can tell from my sparkling wit and incredible good looks.

And I'd rather have Met bashers than all the bandwagon fans we'll have when our minor league system matures.

Agreed. Bandwagon fans sicken me.

Kazmir, Milledge, Peterson, Keppel, Turay, Hill, Wright, Huber, Ring... can't wait.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Andy1234 » Fri May 07, 2004 6:40 am

DK, what's with all the Yankee gear? Is it possible to be a Met Fan and a Yankee fan?
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby DK » Fri May 07, 2004 10:51 pm

Andy1234 wrote:DK, what's with all the Yankee gear? Is it possible to be a Met Fan and a Yankee fan?

I like blue ducks.

I am by no means a Yankee fan.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Amazinz » Thu May 20, 2004 3:21 pm

He's a Mets fan in disguise. :-b :-?

I'm a Long Island/Seton Hall product like Biggio (wish he were a Met). Now I live in NC (ugh) because of work.

Chris, how did you become a Mets fan living in England?
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chris8 » Thu May 20, 2004 4:26 pm

Amazinz wrote:
Chris, how did you become a Mets fan living in England?

My Dad got posted to NY by his company (Marks & Spencers - doubt if you've heard of them!) when they bought a couple of American stores (one of them was Brooks Brothers). This was at the end of the 80s, so a long time ago!

Anyway, he started following the Mets, and whenever we went to visit him, we'd always go to see at least one game. And that's when I got hooked! :-D
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)

Next

Return to New York Mets