Psycho in Omaha stores 1,600 pounds of fireworks explosives - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Psycho in Omaha stores 1,600 pounds of fireworks explosives

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Psycho in Omaha stores 1,600 pounds of fireworks explosives

Postby sportsaddict » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:48 pm

Hope this story isnt about our very own Omaha Red Sox :b

:o
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=2 ... id=2398102

Fireworks, explosives seized near Omaha; homes evacuated
BY JENNIFER PALMER
WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER

At least 1,600 pounds of commercial-grade explosives and several containers of chemicals used to manufacture fireworks were found Thursday morning in a house southwest of Omaha. The discovery prompted an evacuation of the immediate area and the arrest of the homeowners.

Click to Enlarge

Law enforcement closed off the area surrounding Jeremy Stork's home at 18654 Nina St.
A Douglas County sheriff's deputy patrolling the neighborhood northwest of 180th and F Streets spotted a delivery truck about 2:30 a.m., said Chief Deputy Marty Bilek. After talking with the driver, the deputy learned that he was delivering fireworks to the house, at 18654 Nina St.

Deputies then searched the garage and found so many explosives that they evacuated the house and the two houses on either side of it, Bilek said. No homes have yet been built across the street.

Homeowner Jeremy Stork consented to a search of the garage but would not consent to a search of the rest of the house, so deputies obtained a search warrant, Sgt. Rob Jones said.

The chemicals were found in a 55-gallon drum and in buckets in the basement, Bilek said. He said investigators think that the chemicals are used to make colors in fireworks.

In searching the house, deputies also found fully automatic weapons, some with silencers, which are illegal, Bilek said.

The house is valued at $358,600, according to the Douglas County assessor's Web site.

In 2000, 2001 and 2002, a Jeremy Stork received permits from the Nebraska State Fire Marshal's Office for a public fireworks display in Blair, according to the fire marshal's Web site.

Click to Enlarge

Jeremy Stork
On Thursday, deputies arrested Stork, 33, and his wife, Andrea Stork, 33, on suspicion of felony possession of explosive devices.

Bilek said the fireworks posed a danger to the neighborhood.

"If this would have ignited, it would have done damage to several houses nearby," he said. "It would have been catastrophic if it would have exploded."
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Psycho in Omaha stores 1,600 pounds of fireworks explosives

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:16 pm

It's been a rough week. !+) :b

Funny thing is, this is the first I've heard about this. I guess I really do get my news from the Cafe. :-°
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby theclefe » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:16 pm

Congrats Omaha on your 1600 post. I didn't think we celebrated a number like that, but it must be well deserved. >:)
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:19 pm

theclefe wrote:Congrats Omaha on your 1600 post. I didn't think we celebrated a number like that, but it must be well deserved. >:)

exactly what i thought when i clicked it :b

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:44 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
theclefe wrote:Congrats Omaha on your 1600 post. I didn't think we celebrated a number like that, but it must be well deserved. >:)

Me too. :B I was thinking I had more than 1600 posts but maybe he was being creative. :b Or it was a glitch with the new forum or something. !+) :B
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:17 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:

Me too. :B I was thinking I had more than 1600 posts but maybe he was being creative. :b Or it was a glitch with the new forum or something. !+) :B

Well, congrats, Omaha on the peculiar milestone. Nothing beats stashing an arsenal of sparklers for the 4th of July. ;D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:27 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:Well, congrats, Omaha on the peculiar milestone. Nothing beats stashing an arsenal of sparklers for the 4th of July. ;D

Big bash we should have. :D

We're actually having a 4th of July party at our place this year so I could use those fireworks. I suppose we could just make a trip to Rockport. ;7 Sssshhhhhhhhhhh..... :-°
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to General Talk