Split Stats - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Split Stats

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Meaningful Splits

Postby roncool11 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:30 pm

Drunken Rhino wrote:
roncool11 wrote:and finnish up with this

Batters with the largest gaps between their road (high) and home (low) average – Cesar Izturis (.193), Paul Lo Duca (.169), B.J. Upton (.141), Shane Victorino (.127), Josh Willingham (.118), Randy Winn (.107), Eric Byrnes (.106), Kelly Johnson (.096), Jeff Francoeur (.095), and Yuniesky Betancourt (.084).


I could have just given the link to the article but this seemed easier for people.....come on guys let's get more and make this a great an usefull thread.....thats hopefully going to get stickied ;) ;D


I hope you give Mbuser the proper credit for this research.




lol I DID say it was an article just thought it'd be easier to read than a link that most ppl don't bother clicking.....but ya thats who I got it from......all the career stats though are mine from just looking through my League's roster
Image
roncool11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 471
Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: MY HOUSE!!!!!!

Re: Split Stats

Postby roncool11 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:31 pm

tgalv wrote:i think people should take some of these with more than a grain of salt, especially the 07 season ones.

manny ramirez historically has hit LHP better as you'd expect but in 05 he hit .236 against lefties. in 04, he hit righties better. were those stats significant then or were they outliers. and if you want to eliminate outliers i'm not sure what 2 months of split stats is really doing for ya.



Most of the splits here are CAREER splits.......I agree the 2007 ones can be argued, but their still meaningful and useful.
Image
roncool11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 471
Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: MY HOUSE!!!!!!

Re: Split Stats

Postby tgalv » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:56 pm

roncool11 wrote:Most of the splits here are CAREER splits.......I agree the 2007 ones can be argued, but their still meaningful and useful.


these look like 2007 to me. only way they are meaningful is if you look at the career history and figure out if it's a trend or just an anomaly.

roncool11 wrote:Roy oswalt's ERA is 4.10 higher when on the road than his home ERA


roncool11 wrote:Randy Johnson's ERA is 4.38 higher when AT home. wow he likes hotels then i guess


roncool11 wrote:screw I'll just post all of this

Starting pitchers with the largest gaps between their home (low) and road (high) ERAs – Horacio Ramirez (11.02!), Roy Oswalt (4.20), Wandy Rodriguez (3.53), Joe Blanton (3.40), Jorge Sosa (3.29), Kyle Lohse (3.22), Chris Young (3.11), A.J. Burnett (2.62), Carlos Silva (2.52), and Braden Looper (2.43).


roncool11 wrote:and this


Starting pitchers with the largest gaps between their road (low) and home (high) ERAs – Randy Johnson (4.38), Carlos Zambrano (4.15), Bronson Arroyo (4.08), Jose Contreras (3.42), Tim Wakefield (3.41), Aaron Cook (2.86), Brandon Webb (2.55), Dontrelle Willis (2.51), Gil Meche (2.45), and Matt Cain (2.19).


roncool11 wrote:maybe this

Batters with the largest gaps between their home (high) and road (low) average – Shea Hillenbrand (.153), Corey Patterson (145), Aaron Hill (.141), Johnny Damon (.137), Ichiro Suzuki (135), Dmitri Young (.134), Jhonny Peralta (.129), Julio Lugo (.128), Mike Lowell (.127), and Corey Hart (.120

roncool11 wrote:and finnish up with this

Batters with the largest gaps between their road (high) and home (low) average – Cesar Izturis (.193), Paul Lo Duca (.169), B.J. Upton (.141), Shane Victorino (.127), Josh Willingham (.118), Randy Winn (.107), Eric Byrnes (.106), Kelly Johnson (.096), Jeff Francoeur (.095), and Yuniesky Betancourt (.084).


how many starts has randy johnson made on the road and at home this year? the answer is 5 starts at home and 3 on the road. think this is a good sample size? and if you took the time to actually look into the data, his first 4 starts of the season when he came off the injury were all at home before he got back into the groove of things. that is far more meaningful data than throwing out some nonsensical useless split stat.
tgalv
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 696
Joined: 12 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: MA

Re: Split Stats

Postby roncool11 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:12 pm

tgalv wrote:
roncool11 wrote:Most of the splits here are CAREER splits.......I agree the 2007 ones can be argued, but their still meaningful and useful.


these look like 2007 to me. only way they are meaningful is if you look at the career history and figure out if it's a trend or just an anomaly.

roncool11 wrote:Roy oswalt's ERA is 4.10 higher when on the road than his home ERA


roncool11 wrote:Randy Johnson's ERA is 4.38 higher when AT home. wow he likes hotels then i guess


roncool11 wrote:screw I'll just post all of this

Starting pitchers with the largest gaps between their home (low) and road (high) ERAs – Horacio Ramirez (11.02!), Roy Oswalt (4.20), Wandy Rodriguez (3.53), Joe Blanton (3.40), Jorge Sosa (3.29), Kyle Lohse (3.22), Chris Young (3.11), A.J. Burnett (2.62), Carlos Silva (2.52), and Braden Looper (2.43).


roncool11 wrote:and this


Starting pitchers with the largest gaps between their road (low) and home (high) ERAs – Randy Johnson (4.38), Carlos Zambrano (4.15), Bronson Arroyo (4.08), Jose Contreras (3.42), Tim Wakefield (3.41), Aaron Cook (2.86), Brandon Webb (2.55), Dontrelle Willis (2.51), Gil Meche (2.45), and Matt Cain (2.19).


roncool11 wrote:maybe this

Batters with the largest gaps between their home (high) and road (low) average – Shea Hillenbrand (.153), Corey Patterson (145), Aaron Hill (.141), Johnny Damon (.137), Ichiro Suzuki (135), Dmitri Young (.134), Jhonny Peralta (.129), Julio Lugo (.128), Mike Lowell (.127), and Corey Hart (.120

roncool11 wrote:and finnish up with this

Batters with the largest gaps between their road (high) and home (low) average – Cesar Izturis (.193), Paul Lo Duca (.169), B.J. Upton (.141), Shane Victorino (.127), Josh Willingham (.118), Randy Winn (.107), Eric Byrnes (.106), Kelly Johnson (.096), Jeff Francoeur (.095), and Yuniesky Betancourt (.084).


how many starts has randy johnson made on the road and at home this year? the answer is 5 starts at home and 3 on the road. think this is a good sample size? and if you took the time to actually look into the data, his first 4 starts of the season when he came off the injury were all at home before he got back into the groove of things. that is far more meaningful data than throwing out some nonsensical useless split stat.




Those arent mine thats an article from Matt Buser and i take no responsibility ;) ..........mine are Career stats......u know the ones i post "Career" in fromt of O:) ...............anyways some people find this information useful, and the more you know the better, this threads just to provide information and let other people see what they want to do with it and hopefully it helps them
Image
roncool11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 471
Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: MY HOUSE!!!!!!

Re: Split Stats

Postby roncool11 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:25 pm

Have you noticed this? Citizens Bank Park has a reputation as a hitters' park, but here are Shane Victorino's splits:

Home (30 games): 13 R, 1 HR, 9 RBI, 4 SB, .206 AVG, .614 OPS
Away (30 games): 24 R, 3 HR, 13 RBI, 13 SB, .316 AVG, .807 OPS


(quote from duckbillgates)


It's discussed here
viewtopic.php?t=297572
Image
roncool11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 471
Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: MY HOUSE!!!!!!

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ayebatter and 14 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Aug. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Minnesota at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Miami at Atlanta
(7:35 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Colorado at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Oakland at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Washington at Seattle
(10:10 pm)
Milwaukee at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact