Chase Headley=Beast - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Chase Headley=Beast

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Chase Headley=Beast

Postby FalcoAtL » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:35 am

I never saw that post you made on Sickels' site so I wasn't basing my prediction off it. There's no need to get angry, I wasn't trying to be mean. I just thought it was funny that a couple days after I made the post he actually did get called up.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:38 am

FalcoAtL wrote:I never saw that post you made on Sickels' site so I wasn't basing my prediction off it. There's no need to get angry, I wasn't trying to be mean. I just thought it was funny that a couple days after I made the post he actually did get called up.

Who said I was angry? I didn't think you were. I was just showing off.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 138)

Postby FalcoAtL » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:43 am

Oh alright then...

Although you didn't really PREDICT he would get the call soon. You merely suggested he might overtake Kouz on the depth chart. You don't necessarily have to be in the majors to overtake someone.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:46 am

FalcoAtL wrote:Oh alright then...

Although you didn't really PREDICT he would get the call soon. You merely suggested he might overtake Kouz on the depth chart. You don't necessarily have to be in the majors to overtake someone.

You're right. I Actually, I would have predicted he'd go to AAA before the majors but I did notice his movement up the prospect charts.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby jnormy » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:26 am

So how would you guys compare him as a prospect to Andy LaRoche? I have a minor league draft coming up at the end of the month in my keeper league, and could either:
1. decide to promote LaRoche to the end of the bench on my parent club to open up a slot to draft another prospect,
2. try to use my #4 waiver priority to pick up Headley when he's eligible on Yahoo and keep LaRoche in the minors, or
3. try to pick up Headley and just dump LaRoche to open up a slot to draft another prospect.

So, simply, me question is: who's the better prospect, Headley or LaRoche?
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:36 pm

jnormy wrote:So how would you guys compare him as a prospect to Andy LaRoche? I have a minor league draft coming up at the end of the month in my keeper league, and could either:
1. decide to promote LaRoche to the end of the bench on my parent club to open up a slot to draft another prospect,
2. try to use my #4 waiver priority to pick up Headley when he's eligible on Yahoo and keep LaRoche in the minors, or
3. try to pick up Headley and just dump LaRoche to open up a slot to draft another prospect.

I would go with the more advanced and touted LaRoche over Headley if choosing between the 2.

3B Prospects in the minors factoring in polish, glove, and advancement...

1. Wood
2. Longoria
3. LaRoche
4. Stewart
5. Headley
6. Walker
7. Rowell
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby FalcoAtL » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:35 am

Havok1517 wrote:
jnormy wrote:So how would you guys compare him as a prospect to Andy LaRoche? I have a minor league draft coming up at the end of the month in my keeper league, and could either:

I would go with the more advanced and touted LaRoche over Headley if choosing between the 2.

1. Wood
2. Longoria
3. LaRoche
4. Stewart
5. Headley
6. Walker
7. Rowell

Wood def. has more potential with the bat, but I think you have to rank Longoria ahead of Wood right now since he has produced much better and is obviously better with the glove.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Havok1517 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:57 pm

FalcoAtL wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:

1. Wood
2. Longoria
3. LaRoche
4. Stewart
5. Headley
6. Walker
7. Rowell

Wood def. has more potential with the bat, but I think you have to rank Longoria ahead of Wood right now since he has produced much better and is obviously better with the glove.

Well, Wood is learning a new position and throw from 3B. He's been a SS for his entire pro career. Wood has the better glove imo.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby bigken117 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:10 am

Evan could play SS ( per either Callis or Golstein) he is so slick with the glove, but he's also never had more than 100 XBH in a season...

Honestly, Wood looks to be either a grand slam or a swing and a miss as a prospect. Longoria has almost as much upside and not nearly as much downside as Wood IMO.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby FalcoAtL » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:42 am

bigken117 wrote:Evan could play SS ( per either Callis or Golstein) he is so slick with the glove, but he's also never had more than 100 XBH in a season...

Honestly, Wood looks to be either a grand slam or a swing and a miss as a prospect. Longoria has almost as much upside and not nearly as much downside as Wood IMO.

I couldn't agree more!! ;D
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball