Chase Headley=Beast - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Chase Headley=Beast

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chase Headley=Beast

Postby FalcoAtL » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:43 pm

Through 56 gms he's hitting .352 with 12 Hr's and 40 RBI in Double A. Its going to be interesting to see how long they wait to move him along. I wouldn't be too surprised if they called him up to start since Kouz hasn't really worked out thus far.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Chase Headley=Beast

Postby J35J » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:47 pm

He's finally putting it all together. He's 23 and this is his first year in AA.....he needs to get a move on!!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 393)

Postby davidmarver » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:29 pm

The Padres typically promote their guys soon after the amateur draft, coinciding with the start of the short-season leagues. I'm expecting him to get the call to AAA before the end of the year, with the possibility of being in San Diego in 2008. I'm not sure if he'll stick at third, even though he's a much better fielder than Kouzmanoff, but he should hit wherever he plays.

If I'm correct, the Texas League is a pitchers league. What he's doing (leading the league in AVG, OBP, SLG, OPS) is very impressive. Thank God we (the Padres) have a decent prospect. Also, he's got a higher AVG, OBP, SLG, and OPS right now than uber-prospects Alex Gordon, Hunter Pence, Billy Butler, and Brandon Wood had in the Texas League last season...and this is before the temperature heats up and the bats pick up.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Curtis Pride » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:28 pm

The Texas league is a pretty significant hitter's league, I believe. Not a pitcher's league.

And the SD prospect that is most interesting to me is Matt Antonelli. For fantasy purposes, 2B is much more valueable than 3B, Antonelli is also showing pretty similar hitting stats with Headley, but he's also running a lot more.

And finally, as someone who played Division I high school hockey, baseball, and football in Massachusetts growing up, the fact that Antonelli won Boston Globe's Player of the year in Hockey and Baseball, and was runner up in Football is downright frightening. He must be one of the best athletes in Masschusetts history.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby davidmarver » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:11 am

Curtis Pride wrote:The Texas league is a pretty significant hitter's league, I believe. Not a pitcher's league.

And the SD prospect that is most interesting to me is Matt Antonelli. For fantasy purposes, 2B is much more valueable than 3B, Antonelli is also showing pretty similar hitting stats with Headley, but he's also running a lot more.

And finally, as someone who played Division I high school hockey, baseball, and football in Massachusetts growing up, the fact that Antonelli won Boston Globe's Player of the year in Hockey and Baseball, and was runner up in Football is downright frightening. He must be one of the best athletes in Masschusetts history.

Yeah, my bad on the league generalization. I checked out the Team ERA numbers and thought they were suspiciously low, but it is historically a hitters league after further review. Regardless, what he's doing is extremely impressive.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:52 pm

I made a thread about this about a month ago and everyone said he wouldn't do anything :b
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby nalahacjr » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:00 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:The Texas league is a pretty significant hitter's league, I believe. Not a pitcher's league.

I played WITH Headley and AGAINST Antonelli in the Cape League and I will tell you that Headley is the better ball player. Not only does he have all the tools, but he is a true student of the game. He was our MVP for Cotuit and was a stud with a wood bat - as he is showing now. I will be surprised if he doesn't get a little bit of time in the bigs this year and shocked if he isn't up by early '08. He is too good of a player and producing way too well to stay in the minors. Antonelli is a solid player also and will make his splash in the bigs, but after seeing them both I am siding with Headley!! Hell I even K'ed Antonelli...
nalahacjr
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:28 pm

RotoWorld.com has learned that Chase Headley is being called up for Friday's game and will be in the lineup against the Cubs.

As if it wasn't already obvious, Padres manager Bud Black just isn't a fan of Russell Branyan. If Kevin Kouzmanoff goes on the DL, Headley will likely get a chance to play fairly regularly for a couple of weeks, making him a decent option in NL-only leagues. Headley has hit .357/.433/.648 in 227 at-bats for Double-A San Antonio.

rotoworld
-------

I personally think Headley is now a Top 5 3B prospect (right there with Stewart) and he could potentially overtake Kouzmanoff is Kouz comes back down from his recent hot streak.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

Postby FalcoAtL » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:13 am

Looks like I was right!!!! :D

Thanks for the heads up Havok
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager