Nate Robertson hits the DL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Nate Robertson hits the DL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nate Robertson hits the DL

Postby Danger » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:08 am

Jun 6 The Tigers placed Robertson on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday with what was described by manager Jim Leyland as a "tired arm.'' Robertson faced six batters in a start on Tuesday night against the Texas Rangers, allowing two walks, two singles, a triple and a grand slam before Leyland removed him from the game. Texas went on to a 7-4 victory as Robertson lost for the fourth time in his last five starts.

Advice: Robertson and Leyland had a 45-minute discussion prior to Wednesday night's game against the Rangers. Afterward, Leyland announced that Robertson would be placed on the disabled list and left-hander Andrew Miller will be called up from Double-A Erie to replace Robertson for Sunday's start against the New York Mets.
Danger
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Nate Robertson hits the DL

Postby sportsaddict » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:25 pm

Tired arm? That's pathetic. :P
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby MTUCache » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:41 pm

sportsaddict wrote:Tired arm? That's pathetic. :P

No... what's pathetic is giving up six runs before getting a single out.

Frankly, I'm surprised they went as far as they did in "punishing" Nate... he's always been an up-and-down pitcher, good for at least a couple of horrible starts per year. Just because this one was spectacularly horrible, I wouldn't think they'd have him skip his next two or three starts because of it.

The guy is pretty resilient, and usually manages to come back with a strong performance after a weak one... if anything I'd think that Leyland would want to get him back out there as quickly as possible.

This basically points to one thing for me... he's lost his job in the rotation. Miller will take his spot for the remainder of the month, and then Rogers will take over from there.
MTUCache
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:44 pm

MTUCache wrote:
sportsaddict wrote:Tired arm? That's pathetic. :P

No... what's pathetic is giving up six runs before getting a single out.

Frankly, I'm surprised they went as far as they did in "punishing" Nate... he's always been an up-and-down pitcher, good for at least a couple of horrible starts per year. Just because this one was spectacularly horrible, I wouldn't think they'd have him skip his next two or three starts because of it.

The guy is pretty resilient, and usually manages to come back with a strong performance after a weak one... if anything I'd think that Leyland would want to get him back out there as quickly as possible.

This basically points to one thing for me... he's lost his job in the rotation. Miller will take his spot for the remainder of the month, and then Rogers will take over from there.

or Maroth gets traded and/or Durbin goes to the pen

hopefully Nates arm stays "tired" till(if) he can regain his form, but i'd take a rotation of Bondo, Verlander, Rogers, Durbin, Robertson/Maroth for the rest of the year
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Dannomyte » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:38 am

Robertson's arm not tired vs. Curve
Rehabbing Tiger unhittable through six; SeaWolves fall one out shy

Nate Robertson has been on the disabled list since June 6 due to a tired arm, but the 29-year-old southpaw showed no signs of fatigue in a dominating rehab start for Double-A Erie on Thursday afternoon.

Robertson (1-0) hurled six no-hit innings and and walked one batter in an economical 72-pitch outing as the SeaWolves (37-32) cruised to a 12-3 victory over Altoona in game one of a doubleheader.

"More than anything, the purpose of my start today was to monitor the action of my pitches," said Robertson, who struck out six in his first Minor League appearance since he went 9-7 for Toledo in 2003. "I went on the DL because my previous five outings were a grind. My slider had no tilt, my two-seamer was flat; everything was flat, really. I was never really injured, per se, but I'd hit a wall, and wasn't getting results."

Robertson certainly got the results he was looking for on Thursday.

"The extra rest helped, but today felt really good," he said. "I had good movement on all my pitches and was happy with my command and ability to move in and out of the strike zone. I was throwing four-seamers, changeups, sliders, two-seamers, everything."

Robertson feels as if he's ready to rejoin the Detroit rotation, but he knows that decision is not his to make.

"I'm going to join the Tigers in Atlanta, throw in the bullpen on Saturday, and then hopefully I'll be slotted for the rotation. We've got a surplus of starters right now, and it's not my decision. But baseball is just as much about how you go about your business off of the field, and this situation has turned out to be a real character-builder for me."

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/news ... &fext=.jsp
Dannomyte
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby losloseeboy » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:52 am

I picked up Nasty Nate the other day.

Here's to hoping he regains his form.
losloseeboy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor