any chance of a Milledge call up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

any chance of a Milledge call up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

any chance of a Milledge call up?

Postby CrazedGoat » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:30 am

now that Endy is injured. it looked pretty bad. if there is, would you take a chance and pick him up?
CrazedGoat
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: any chance of a Milledge call up?

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:41 am

metsblog wrote:Yesterday, Lastings Milledge told reporters that, although he is not yet doing any on-field work, he is ‘progressing.’ Milledge told reporters he hopes to return to on-field work within a week, at which point, “It should move fairly quick from there.” Last week, Mets GM Omar Minaya told reporters that Milledge has begun light running in his rehab from sprained ligaments in his foot. …the word from florida is that milledge is at least two to three weeks from rejoining triple-a new orleans, at which point his back-up status for the Mets can be judged… Regarding his reputation, Milledge said, in a very casual voice… “I’m not really worried about what anybody writes or says about me, because I’ve already been through it when I was 17, so I can deal with it now. It’s really not a big deal. My reputation (within the organization) is fine, everything’s okay, and, you know, if not it’s just something I’ll have to deal with and go forward from there.” …by the way, i just had a weird, back-ground type conversation with a person who works closely on the business side of the team…i took one thing from it, which felt very agenda driven, though i also believe it is true, which is that Lastings Milledge is a nice kid…they say, he is interested in charity work, and is not a trouble maker, like certain people would want you to believe, i.e., ‘the opinion-driven media,’ i suppose… …however, he is said to be influenced very easily…also, he’s very loyal to his friends, but a bit insecure and very, very young, and so the real concern is not about hi-fives and rap albums, but that he may not handle new york and a veteran clubhouse very well…in fact, the harder he tries to fit in, the more toes he may end up stepping on…apparently, this rap album thing has been on the team’s radar for a while, though the caliber of language ended up being a bit of a shock…at this point, the album isn’t necessarily a tipping point, but it’s being used as a symbol of how this young man navigates through life, a quality that cannot be ignored if his destiny is to play baseball under the bright lights and microscope of new york city… …ultimately, i don’t get the sense that the team fears milledge directly, which is good, because they shouldn’t…he’s a good kid and good player, and he’s just trying to find his way, like every 21 year old…the sense i get is that minaya likes him, and wants to see the kid do well, but i think that has more to do with omar as a man, and less to do with him as a general manager… …so, if the team truly is worried about milledge, it would be about a) how will he adjust to the new york spotlight, and b) if he adjusts badly, will the media give the kid any slack to redeem himself, and, lastly, c) if the media clobbers him, which you know they will, how will it all impact the player’s ability, mental state and overall value around the league…
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:42 am

I thought he was trade bait
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby NYCBuckeye » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:29 am

As bigh0rt indicated, Milledge is hurt ... I am headed to Shea tonight, I can hardly wait to see what OF lineup Willie throws out there. Ughhh, I better start drinking on the LIR early, could be a long night against Hammels.

All kidding aside, looking forward to a fun pitching matchup tonight, Hammels vs. Maine (both on my fantasy team).
NYCBuckeye
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers