fierro33
General Manager
General Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 210)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: victorino

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:09 pm

Batting .275 with 12 R, 2 HR, 5 RBI in the last two weeks. Batting .270 on the season. He's not stealing bases but that's going to be streaky with him anyway. He swiped 7 in April and 9 in May. I imagine he'll grab half a dozen or so in June. Remember that 6 of his 16 bags came on 3 consecutive days against the Giants. Not sure what would cause you to drop him at this point, though.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 326)

Postby eftda » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:15 pm

He's not even starting for my team. :?
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:37 pm

yea i got him for mainly steals, but he's not producing in that category. i think for people who got him for steals should start looking for replacements.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby EP3 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:38 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:yea i got him for mainly steals, but he's not producing in that category. i think for people who got him for steals should start looking for replacements.

yeah i'm THIS close to dropping him for hart or tavarez at this point.
EP3
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bwanna » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:02 am

EP3 wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:yea i got him for mainly steals, but he's not producing in that category. i think for people who got him for steals should start looking for replacements.

yeah i'm THIS close to dropping him for hart or tavarez at this point.

After trying to trade him for a month, and getting no takers, I dropped him for Cory Hart. We'll see how that turns out.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 244)

Postby George_Foreman » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:38 am

Droping top 100 guys because of a bad week or two is one of the best ways I know to lose a fantasy league.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bwanna » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:48 am

George_Foreman wrote:Droping top 100 guys because of a bad week or two is one of the best ways I know to lose a fantasy league.

True.

Other factors that come into play...
1) Their replacement appears to have more upside and can help in other categories (Hart might add more pop and is simply currently producing now)
2) Your are well-stocked in stat categories they are providing (in this situation, my team is currently in 2nd in steals, and significantly ahead of 3rd place)

Bottom line, is that my team didn't appear to have much to lose by this replacement, and there is a chance of improvement with the switch. Of course if I had been desperate for steals, or could have gained several points in the standings, I might have not done this.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 244)

Postby George_Foreman » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:56 am

Well, if your waiver wire is full of top-100 players, either the rest of your league is apathetic or it's a 3-teamer. ;-)

And steals is not all this kid does. 36 runs puts him on pace for over 100, which is probably about what Hart will do from here on out, and Victorino will get you more RBI hitting behind Rollins (although the Phils should probably switch those two in the lineup to maximize its potential... but I digress). Anyhow, they're both very good players to have on your team, although I don't see why you'd drop one for the other.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CBMGreatOne » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:56 pm

George_Foreman wrote:Well, if your waiver wire is full of top-100 players, either the rest of your league is apathetic or it's a 3-teamer. ;-)

And steals is not all this kid does. 36 runs puts him on pace for over 100, which is probably about what Hart will do from here on out, and Victorino will get you more RBI hitting behind Rollins (although the Phils should probably switch those two in the lineup to maximize its potential... but I digress). Anyhow, they're both very good players to have on your team, although I don't see why you'd drop one for the other.

In deeper leagues, Victorino is a good buy low. There's still a lot of season left, he'll get hot again. He'll steal some bags and he'll score some runs. It's just one bad month people. In shallow leagues, I can understand why you wouldn't get any offers for him, but I think he'll bounce back if you can afford to hang onto him.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers