Can it Get worse? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Tampa Bay Rays

Can it Get worse?

Moderators: hayseed, Baseball Moderators

Can it Get worse?

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:33 am

I am not sure it could get any worse than last night. That ninth inning was a joke. Even Crawford is pissed if you read his comments. CC said he has been here 6 years and he knew it was going to happen b/c it always happens. They really need to do something or some of these guys will not stay even if they do pay them.

Why didn't they stay with Glover for the 9th? I know they did not want to use Reyes, but why not bring him in for the final out or 2 when you have a chance. Those guys are garbage. :P :[ :[ :[
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Can it Get worse?

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:53 am

It's entirely Maddon's fault for not using Reyes properly in the last few days IMO. I realize he had to get his work in on Saturday due to the long layoff but still. Sunday was a 4 run lead and he could have used someone else unless he had to bring in Reyes. Against a poor hitting lineup nonethess. With a big division series coming up, there was no reason to have Reyes pitch 3 days in a row against a horrible team.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:58 am

Yoda wrote:It's entirely Maddon's fault for not using Reyes properly in the last few days IMO. I realize he had to get his work in on Saturday due to the long layoff but still. Sunday was a 4 run lead and he could have used someone else unless he had to bring in Reyes. Against a poor hitting lineup nonethess. With a big division series coming up, there was no reason to have Reyes pitch 3 days in a row against a horrible team.

Totally agree. Maddon is an idiot and i can pin a lot of our loses on his bad decisions.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby casem2k2 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:56 am

I just dont understand why he keeps going to these guys. They are so bad.
casem2k2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 65)

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:12 pm

What a terrible ending to other wise was a pretty good game for the good guys. :[ Maybe just one day we fix this terrible pen for 10 years running now and can at least win 85% of our games after the 7th inning that we have a lead in. :-°
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:25 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:What a terrible ending to other wise was a pretty good game for the good guys. :[ Maybe just one day we fix this terrible pen for 10 years running now and can at least win 85% of our games after the 7th inning that we have a lead in. :-°

I think CC's quote is a bit disturbing to me. He said "look at me, do i look surprised? It has been the same thing here for 6 years, you just accept it."

It takes a lot for CC to come out and say stuff, i think it is really wearing on him, he is the last one i want this to start upseting.

I have heard we are 1 of 6 teams Percival is looking at, i hope they make a run at him
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:34 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:What a terrible ending to other wise was a pretty good game for the good guys. :[ Maybe just one day we fix this terrible pen for 10 years running now and can at least win 85% of our games after the 7th inning that we have a lead in. :-°

I think CC's quote is a bit disturbing to me. He said "look at me, do i look surprised? It has been the same thing here for 6 years, you just accept it."

It takes a lot for CC to come out and say stuff, i think it is really wearing on him, he is the last one i want this to start upseting.

I have heard we are 1 of 6 teams Percival is looking at, i hope they make a run at him

I can't see Percival having anything left in the tank. But if it gets Fossum out of a Devil Rays uniform, I am all for Percival coming over.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:46 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

I can't see Percival having anything left in the tank. But if it gets Fossum out of a Devil Rays uniform, I am all for Percival coming over.

:b I laughed out loud at that one.

Troy did hit 90 on the gun. He does not want to close, which is good, he could be a 8th inning guy and a great influence in the clubhouse with younger pitchers
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:57 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:

Troy did hit 90 on the gun. He does not want to close, which is good, he could be a 8th inning guy and a great influence in the clubhouse with younger pitchers

90 :> Heck I would have signed him if he was throwing 70 O:) I will be oh so glad when a few member of the Bulls and Biscuits can help strengthen our pen.

Come to think of it, we need to be rooting for one of these playoff contenders to lose their CF for about 3 months. Let me see what my crystal ball can imagine.

Dodgers--Trade Baldelli for Broxton

Yep that is the winner. The Dodgers need to lose Pierre for the rest of the year starting today. >:) :>
raiders_umpire

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:23 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:

90 :> Heck I would have signed him if he was throwing 70 O:) I will be oh so glad when a few member of the Bulls and Biscuits can help strengthen our pen.

Come to think of it, we need to be rooting for one of these playoff contenders to lose their CF for about 3 months. Let me see what my crystal ball can imagine.

Dodgers--Trade Baldelli for Broxton

Yep that is the winner. The Dodgers need to lose Pierre for the rest of the year starting today. >:) :>

we would need Baldelli to come back and play for a bit to get that value. They would then need to move BJ to CF if this Dukes stuff ends up being true
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Tampa Bay Rays