How are waivers handled in your league? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How are waivers handled in your league?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How are waivers handled in your league?

Postby Foul Pops » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:58 pm

The biggest problem I have with my NL-only auction league is players never go on waivers. There is no transaction limit, no waiver priority, no free agent budget. The only requirement is a dollar per transaction.

My feeling is this makes things unfair -- first guy to the computer gets the new closer, injury replacement, etc. What should be the way to handle player claims in an auction league?
Foul Pops
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How are waivers handled in your league?

Postby hot4tx » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:06 pm

One easy way is to add a couple bench spots if they are super-small right now. You could put all unsigned FA on a waiver list in a couple different host leagues, but I think that sucks. Moves limits are good to keep the SP rotation to a min, but it won't help what you're talking about.

If your bench is big enough, you may want backups. The multi-position guys are great for this in these NL or AL only leagues.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)

Postby joshyboy72 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:46 pm

It's simple: weekly transactions, processed using a waiver order that is opposite of the standings. It's the most professional way to do it and the way I wish most of my leagues were, only problem is convincing the rest of your owners to do it. The die-hard fantasy baseball goers seem to be against it the most in fact. Not to say they are by their computers 24/7 waiting to pick people up, but they are of course on top of their game and ready to pick people up once they are called up or get the closing job, etc. And they seem to get ticked at systems that make it more "fair." But in my opinion, more competitive. I would try tossing it up to your league.
big ups to smoovethug on the sig
joshyboy72
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Foul Pops » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:51 pm

That sounds good... the rule would actually hurt me because I am one of the owners most on top of things, but I am also interested in a balanced league.

People who have a free agent budget --- how do you like that? How exactly does it work? My thinking would be, let's say everyone starts the year with a $100 fantasy budget --- everyone makes blind bids any time during the week, and Sunday morning the winners are announced, in time for line-ups to be set for the week. That would make people say, "Hmmm, should I go up to $30 for Yovani Gallardo?" or "Can I get Rajai Davis for a buck or is someone else going to bid for him"
Foul Pops
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers