pending trade, note viewable to everyone? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

pending trade, note viewable to everyone?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

pending trade, note viewable to everyone?

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:44 pm

i proposed a trade and it was accepted by the other owner. now when i click on the details of the pending trade i see the note from me that i sent to the other owner. can everyone else in the league now see this same note that i sent to the other owner?
id rather not have everyone else in the league see the notes i send with a proposal trying to convince the other owner to make the deal.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: pending trade, note viewable to everyone?

Postby Rounders » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:54 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:i proposed a trade and it was accepted by the other owner. now when i click on the details of the pending trade i see the note from me that i sent to the other owner. can everyone else in the league now see this same note that i sent to the other owner?
id rather not have everyone else in the league see the notes i send with a proposal trying to convince the other owner to make the deal.

I didn't know that you could even see your own note. They must've just added this feature based on a request to Fantasy Sports Genie in one of the Yahoo topics.

As far as everyone seeing it, we don't have any pending trades in our league right now, so I don't know.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SendHelp » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:59 pm

yep everyone can see it. a trade went thru in my league that i was uninvolved in and i can see their stupid comment.
SendHelp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:08 pm

SendHelp wrote:yep everyone can see it. a trade went thru in my league that i was uninvolved in and i can see their stupid comment.

damn!
i like saying whatever i can in the note section when i send a trade request trying to convince the other guy to accept it, but i dont want everyone else in the league to see what im saying should it actually be accepted.
now im going to have to send the proposal and then send a seperate email to the owner.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:34 pm

That is an unintentional side effect of a new feature. I was wondering how long it would take you folks to notice; keeping the note with the trade was added last Friday. You guys are slipping ;-)

Let me see about getting the pending trade thing fixed.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby hot4tx » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:46 pm

Well one thing, it might alleviate some confusion on accepted trades, and cut down on the unnecessary vetoes. Sometimes managers will think a trade is unfair, but after it's explained what the trade partners were thinking they're ok with it. Maybe that wasn't the intended effect, but it might not be all that bad.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:50 pm

Definitely not our intent. People write those notes with the expectation they are only going to the other manager. Should be fixed now; please let me know if that isn't the case.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:22 pm

i still see the note in my pending trade, but maybe because its been pending for over a day now having the note eliminated wont take effect until a new pending trade?
i hope to never have to see any of the notes i send to other owners in proposals if accepted.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:03 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:i still see the note in my pending trade, but maybe because its been pending for over a day now having the note eliminated wont take effect until a new pending trade?
i hope to never have to see any of the notes i send to other owners in proposals if accepted.

The two owners involved in the trade can still see the note, but it should be hidden from other owners. Does that fit what you're seeing?
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:12 pm

i still see it but since im involved in the trade that could be why. i havnt seen any recent trades that havnt involved me to know wheather or not everyone can see it.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers