Will we see Andrew Miller this season? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Will we see Andrew Miller this season?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Will we see Andrew Miller this season?

Postby jswede » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:58 pm

this is a one game call-up far as I read. vs the Mets. I don't think he's worth much of anything beyond a keeper stash or if you have a deep bench.
jswede
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:49 pm

who else would the Tigers go to if Miller was only up for one start?
Robertson is on the DL so theres 2 starts. Rogers wont be back until attleast the end of June, so hes not an option.
rotoworld says 2 starts

Andrew Miller will be called up Sunday to start in place of the injured Nate Robertson.
Miller figures to make at least two starts in Robertson's place, and if he's impressive enough, perhaps he'll get a chance to overtake Mike Maroth before Kenny Rogers returns. It seems like a long shot, but at least Miller will be worth using while he's up.

there were also reports in the last few weeks that the Tigers could trade Maroth, plus im also seeing on mlbtraderumors.com that the A's are interested in Robertson.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Bloody Sox » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:03 pm

jswede wrote:this is a one game call-up far as I read. vs the Mets. I don't think he's worth much of anything beyond a keeper stash or if you have a deep bench.

As far as you read where? I've only read the opposite, in three places, that he's up at least two weeks - with speculation (unconfirmed) that it could be permanent. His last go-round was clearly stated as a one start spot situation, but not this time I don't think. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby MTUCache » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:30 pm

IF a trade did happen, then I do think that Miller would be a long-term fit into the rotation. That's a big if though, as I can't really think of anything in particular the Tigers need other than another setup guy to go with Zumaya/Rodney.

If not, he could go as few as one game, probably depending a lot on performance. If he doesn't pitch well his first time out, Leyland won't have any problem going with Zach Miner (already on the major league roster for Zumaya, in the bullpen). Miner started the majority of Maroth's starts last season after his injury, pitching very well, and has been respectable this year as well. Long-term, unless someone does get traded, this is going to be Roger's spot in the rotation, as it doesn't look like Durbin is going to be giving up his anytime soon.

Frankly, I'm not sure why Miner isn't getting the start in the first place. He did put in some extra work this past week, mostly because of Robertson's poor game, but he'll have plenty of rest going into this weekend as long as Leyland doesn't use him tonight.

Miller is certainly in the future for the Tigers... but until Dombrowski clears some room for him, nobody's really sure when that future is going to be.
MTUCache
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:16 pm

Zack Miner also went on the DL
rotoworld..

Tigers placed RHP Zach Miner on the 15-day disabled list with elbow tendinitis.
Miner was recalled from Triple-A about two weeks ago. With Nate Robertson (arm) also heading to the DL, the Tigers have called both Yorman Bazardo and Aquilino Lopez up from Triple-A.

one of those pitchers will be sent down when the Tigers are set to call up Miller for Sundays start.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:56 pm

Yoda wrote:He wasn't looking that good until he was promoted to AA and now he is pitching lights out. I was definitely down on him a bit but not so anymore. As far as him pitching for the Tiggers this season, he probably won't get called up until roster expansion.

So he wasn't good as a total newb but once he got past that he was good.

makes sense :{
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:15 pm

Miller's start against the Mets was OK. 5.1 IP, 4 ER, 3 BB, 5 K, W
his next start is @Philadelphia on Saturday and i know im not going to start him for that game.
has there been any word on wheather Miller would get another start after that? or will one of the other pitchers be back off the DL?
if Miller gets another start it would likely be Friday @Atlanta.
if Miller was to get another start id hold onto him, but if it was just the Phily start then id drop him now for something more useful.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers