Help! Need suggestions on where to host our keeper league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Help! Need suggestions on where to host our keeper league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help! Need suggestions on where to host our keeper league

Postby balssy » Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:38 pm

We have gone with TQStats the last 2 season, but we want something with a much better look & feel. ESPN.com seemed like a good choice, but after reading their rules, it seems like it wouldn't be a good fit. ESPN's new keeper format isn't really designed for existing keeper leagues like ours, where we need options. We tried CBSportsline last year at the beginning, but their system was terrible and just didn't work, so we quickly switched back to TQStats, but we can't have that kind of experience again. Again, I really need some recommendations from some experienced keeper league comissioners or participants. We're willing to pay - we just need to find a good home. Thanks!
balssy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 7
Joined: 27 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moose » Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:14 pm

http://www.usastats.com

They have the best "look" and "feel" of anyone. No advertising, no bull$hit. They are the most expensive. $39 per team. But they are worth it.
moose
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1079
Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Might be a little expensive...

Postby balssy » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:41 pm

We want to stay around $100-$125 for the league. We are really just looking for the following basic functionality:

1.) Allows us to process weekly transactions the way we are accustomed to (worst teams get first pick each week)

2.) Have a reserve bench for injured players

3.) Track our salaries

On second thought, we are thinking we could just use a regular league like Yahoo or ESPN (not the keeper versions) and input our teams each year. However, we need the criteria above to be met. Any other ideas?
balssy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 7
Joined: 27 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sox FANatic001 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:43 pm

If it was me (and i'm really cheap) i'd just go yahoo, and keep the stats by hand
Lets Go patsox!

yay! sox win!!!
bambino-1918-2004
Rest In Pain ;-)

Big David Ortiz Rocks my socks off
him and pokey
Sox FANatic001
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 2450
Joined: 23 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: partying with big papi after the win!

Postby StLrEdBiRdS2004 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:45 pm

ya id also go yahoo
Image

http://excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=1400
StLrEdBiRdS2004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 373
Joined: 5 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fumbler » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:54 pm

CBS Sportsline

We've just set up a commish league there. I can verify that you can do #1 and #2 from your list.

I think you can do #3 too, but i'm not positive since we don't deal with salaries in our league.

Price is $120 until Feb. 3.

Good luck with whatever you decide! :-)

p.s. There's a 14-day trial, i believe, so you can check out what rules and options you can set before you decide if it's right for your league.
Last edited by Fumbler on Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fumbler
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 309
Joined: 18 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jivedude » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:55 pm

moose wrote:http://www.usastats.com

They have the best "look" and "feel" of anyone. No advertising, no bull$hit. They are the most expensive. $39 per team. But they are worth it.


I second that! [RUN DMC reference]They're the king of stats, there ain't none higher. Yahoo and Sportsline call them sire.[/RUN DMC reference]
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1517
Joined: 19 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 1930's Germany

We started with Sportsline last year for the keeper league

Postby balssy » Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:07 pm

at the recommendation of a couple of team owners, but they had some real system problems. We tried forever to reach them, but they seemed inundated with requests and couldn't get the league working. We had to file for a refund (which we received) and switch back to TQStats. I was told that the problems were system wide. Does anyone recall anything like this happening at the beginning of the season? Did it get fixed?
balssy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 7
Joined: 27 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: We started with Sportsline last year for the keeper league

Postby kentx12 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:15 pm

balssy wrote:at the recommendation of a couple of team owners, but they had some real system problems. We tried forever to reach them, but they seemed inundated with requests and couldn't get the league working. We had to file for a refund (which we received) and switch back to TQStats. I was told that the problems were system wide. Does anyone recall anything like this happening at the beginning of the season? Did it get fixed?



It was that way all year. It sucked stay away. It is a rip off.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17436
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 8 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Lost

Re: We started with Sportsline last year for the keeper league

Postby Madison » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:31 am

kentx12 wrote:
balssy wrote:at the recommendation of a couple of team owners, but they had some real system problems. We tried forever to reach them, but they seemed inundated with requests and couldn't get the league working. We had to file for a refund (which we received) and switch back to TQStats. I was told that the problems were system wide. Does anyone recall anything like this happening at the beginning of the season? Did it get fixed?



It was that way all year. It sucked stay away. It is a rip off.


My league at Sportsline had a few issues that lasted the entire season. I wouldn't recommend them until they can get their act together. I do give them a thumbs up for returning your league fees though. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kab21 and 12 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 18:45 hours
(and 95 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact