Brock Lesnar - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Brock Lesnar

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:35 pm

cordscords wrote:I still think it was stupid he walked away from big $ from WWE, but I respect the guy for trying to establish himself in the sports world.

Lesnar didnt look too good with the Vikings, but I do think he has a future here.

Easy for us to say. The WWE travel schedule is terrible.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:00 pm

I don't follow pro wrestling. Don't really have any clue what he was making in the WWE but if Lesnar proves to be legit in MMA he is going to make a lot of money. He is incredibly marketable and has a built in fan base so an organization like the UFC is going to pay for that. That's why they went so hard after Kurt Angle.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:12 pm

Amazinz wrote:I don't follow pro wrestling. Don't really have any clue what he was making in the WWE but if Lesnar proves to be legit in MMA he is going to make a lot of money. He is incredibly marketable and has a built in fan base so an organization like the UFC is going to pay for that. That's why they went so hard after Kurt Angle.

Well, from what I know, Lesnar was set to make the 7-digit figures offered to the likes of Rock, Austin, and HHH. If I remembered right, Lesnar's fickle attitude as to what he wanted to do (i.e. NFL in '04, MMA currently) led him to exit WWE.

I thought Lesnar was/is a good fit for TNA, as it was for Kurt Angle, who did more or less for the sake of the health of his career.

As for the fight, it had more to do with his opposition than it did about him making an awesome impression. He has potential to fare well in MMA, but would like to see how he does after a couple more bouts.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:36 pm

Well despite the level of competition (still an Olympic Judoka!) there were several things that were impressive to me. His double-leg take down was awesome, especially against Olympic-level Judo. And even though Kim seems a bit like a fish out of water on his back, Lesnar's knowledge of the guard pass and the ability to perform it so fluidly is tremendous for a first timer. I know it might not seem like much but as soon as they get to the ground, Kim forces half-guard and Lesnar knew exactly how to handle it. That shows advanced BJJ technique. On top of all that is his strength. It's one thing to be strong, another to be able to apply it effectively. When he gets full mount, Kim goes into a body clench. It's very difficult to generate power from that position and Lesnar was able to end the fight from there.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ironman » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:39 pm

Amazinz wrote:Well despite the level of competition (still an Olympic Judoka!) there were several things that were impressive to me. His double-leg take down was awesome, especially against Olympic-level Judo. And even though Kim seems a bit like a fish out of water on his back, Lesnar's knowledge of the guard pass and the ability to perform it so fluidly is tremendous for a first timer. I know it might not seem like much but as soon as they get to the ground, Kim forces half-guard and Lesnar knew exactly how to handle it. That shows advanced BJJ technique. On top of all that is his strength. It's one thing to be strong, another to be able to apply it effectively. When he gets full mount, Kim goes into a body clench. It's very difficult to generate power from that position and Lesnar was able to end the fight from there.

I think that's his wrestling background (the real deal, not that WWE nonsense) paying dividends.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:56 pm

Brock Lesnar's new finishing movie is to strangle opponents in his Jane Fonda.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:03 pm

Coppermine wrote:Brock Lesnar's new finishing movie is to strangle opponents in his Jane Fonda.

Is that going to be your response to every thread now?? If so, I guess that I'll have to ban you with my Jane Fonda.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:11 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Brock Lesnar's new finishing movie is to strangle opponents in his Jane Fonda.

Is that going to be your response to every thread now?? If so, I guess that I'll have to ban you with my Jane Fonda.

Ha, it probably got old though just as I was typing this. I'll save it for later.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:51 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:former Lions WR Johnnie Morton is supposed to be taking a crack at MMA

You must be kidding. "The Worm" Morton wants a crack at MMA. Oooooookay. I could see David Boston giving that a go, but Morton doesn't strike me as the type. Then again, body type isn't everything.
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Brock Lesnar

Postby Amazinz » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:37 am

Here's Morton v Ackah if interested.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk