Brock Lesnar - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Brock Lesnar

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brock Lesnar

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:36 am

I could have stuck this in the UFC thread but I figured there would be some interest outside of the people who normally hang in there. Brock Lesnar had his first professional fight this past Saturday. He fought Min-Soo Kim (former Korean Silver medalist in Judo) and was incredibly impressive!

Just to put it into perspective Kim never made the transition to MMA well and is a bit of a can. Definitely need to see how Lesnar looks when he steps up in competition. But the power he was generating short-arming and the fact that he got a TKO from that position can't be dismissed IMHO.

Video
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Brock Lesnar

Postby brewcrew4you » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:39 am

Amazinz wrote:I could have stuck this in the UFC thread but I figured there would be some interest outside of the people who normally hang in there. Brock Lesnar had his first professional fight this past Saturday. He fought Min-Soo Kim (former Korean Silver medalist in Judo) and was incredibly impressive!

Just to put it into perspective Kim never made the transition to MMA well and is a bit of a can. Definitely need to see how Lesnar looks when he steps up in competition. But the power he was generating short-arming and the fact that he got a TKO from that position can't be dismissed IMHO.

Video

Kim appears to be a wuss. That being said, Lesner looked HUGE. With the proper training on his technical striking, he could be a force, as it's clear his takedowns will be excellent.
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:53 am

former Lions WR Johnnie Morton is supposed to be taking a crack at MMA
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:00 am

He fought Saturday too. He was knocked out badly. Had to be taken out on a stretcher.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:03 am

What a terrible fight. :-P

I saw the WEC event from the Hard Rock last night. I think that it might have been their first event since being bought by the UFC? I saw their featherweight champion Uriah Farber. That kid was amazing he almost did a full piledriver on the contender. I think they said that he has defended his title 16 times in a row 8-o
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:07 am

I think that was the first aired event. Yeah Faber is amazing. I've watched most of his fights in KOTC on DVD. WEC just signed Paulo Filho as well.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby ironman » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:38 am

I was hoping he got the crapped kicked out of him. I hate Brock Lesnar.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby J35J » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:39 am

ironman wrote:I was hoping he got the crapped kicked out of him. I hate Brock Lesnar.

At his size with his athletic ability, he should be a force!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 393)

Postby ironman » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:52 am

J35J wrote:
ironman wrote:I was hoping he got the crapped kicked out of him. I hate Brock Lesnar.

At his size with his athletic ability, he should be a force!

I know. I've just hated him since his collegiate wrestling days at Minnesota.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby cordscords » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:54 am

I still think it was stupid he walked away from big $ from WWE, but I respect the guy for trying to establish himself in the sports world.

Lesnar didnt look too good with the Vikings, but I do think he has a future here.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 20)

Next

Return to General Talk