Will the Yankees finish above .500 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Will the Yankees finish above .500

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Will the Yankees finish above .500

Yes
84%
No
16%

Total votes : 51

Postby wrveres » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:45 am

Lofunzo wrote:
TheRock wrote:They'll play Yankee baseball. Meaning they'll buy their way into the playoffs. :-t

Right. That's exactly what they'll do.

I actually respect the thought process that goes into your posts. I expected more.

Ouch thats brutal.
What about the sloth that started this poll.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 642)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re:

Postby theclefe » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:52 am

jake_harv88 wrote:
theclefe wrote:Of course they will. The rest of he AL East is pathetic, and they have basically played Boston even this year. The results on this one seems lopsided. How about, will ARod finish the season married?

The AL east is pathetic? Thats a ridiculous allegation. People discount the Orioles/Blue Jays/D-rays alot and thats a mistake. In the next couple of years I see all those teams being extremely competitive.

That being said I think the yanks definately finish above .500. If they dont do you think it would be time to consider them one of the worst teams of all time. People talk about how bad the raiders were in football or how bad the nationals are this year, but the yanks pay $250 million dollars to lose.

The question isn't for the next couple of years, it is the current state of the division, which is poor. Toronto is broken, Tampa has a porous pitching staff, and the Orioles... Well, I won't say anything bad against them. ;) The Yanks are 8-15 right now against the East, which is a surprise. Maybe it is not pathetic, but I can see NY going 33-20 the rest of the season.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Re:

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:00 pm

daullaz wrote:How many more games do they have against the Rays, Jays and O's?

The Yankees have struggled a bit against the Drays the last few years. In 2005, the Drays actually won the season series 11-8, and swept them in a short 2 game series earlier this year. I don't think the number of division games left will get the Yankees back to .500, but actually getting a decent pitching staff.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Will the Yankees finish above .500

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:33 am

The Yankees are 10 out in the loss column in the East right now. They are playing very well though. They've won their last 5 in a row and the next 5 series they play are against the D'Backs, Mets, Rockies, Giants and Orioles. Boston is obviously playing well as they have been all season, but if the Yankees can keep up this good play against those opponents and get within, say 6-7 games of Boston by, say, even the All-Star Break (Really, is it that inconceivable? Think about it.), you're going to tell me they still don't have a chance at winning this division (or at least making it very interesting)?

Sure Boston has a major upper-hand, but I think we should be able to determine that they're dead in the division before we ask if they'll finish .500, and in my opinion, we cannot do that yet. Even if they were to lose the division, they are still very close in the wild card chase. The Yankees baseball season is far from over right now. Maybe this year will just be a lot more interesting in August and September than it usually is, though.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 53)

Previous

Return to New York Yankees