why dont we send E-jax to bullpen - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Tampa Bay Rays

why dont we send E-jax to bullpen

Moderators: hayseed, Baseball Moderators

why dont we send E-jax to bullpen

Postby ibsuckssobad08 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:21 am

call up nieman for rotation.

he throws 100 and has a good slider, he doesnt need to be in there more than 2 innings, let him be the 8th inning guy or maybe 9th inning guy.
ibsuckssobad08
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:44 am

Niemann, even though super talented, is not quite ready for the bigs just yet. He is still struggling with his control when runners are on base, and seems to leave lots of hittable pitches up in the zone. Both of these things can be worked on and fixed, but I think it is better to fix them in Durham then against Arod, Manny, Ortiz, and the other monsters of the AL. There really is no point of bringing him just to be in the pen. I know that has worked with other players, but Niemann is accustomed to starting and the innings, so keep him in Durham until July or August, then we can bring him to Tampa for 6 or 7 starts.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ibsuckssobad08 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:39 pm

well what about ejax in pen
ibsuckssobad08
College Coach
College Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:42 pm

ibsuckssobad08 wrote:well what about ejax in pen

No. Ejax is a guy that gets better the more he pitches. Optimally he would benefit from time in AAA, but that can't happen b/c the dodgers used him so much he is out of options and we would lose him in waivers. We need to keep sending him out there and he will get it. If you watch him you can tell he has the talent and drive it is just not coming together right now. He was drafted as an OF, changed to a pitcher and brought up 2 years after the change. Like the Tigers did with Maroth and Bonderman a couple years ago, we need to deal with a possible 20 loss season that will pay dividends in the future
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ibsuckssobad08 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:32 pm

i understand he may be a good pitcher but nothing wrong with coming out of the pen. If he can save up all his energy and come in late in the 8th or 9th inning throwing 100 mph with that nasty slider he could become zumaya of the drays... no one complains about zumaya so i think you should give it a try, i understand he needs work but he s getting worked out there which cant do anything for him and his confidence
ibsuckssobad08
College Coach
College Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:19 am

ibsuckssobad08 wrote:i understand he may be a good pitcher but nothing wrong with coming out of the pen. If he can save up all his energy and come in late in the 8th or 9th inning throwing 100 mph with that nasty slider he could become zumaya of the drays... no one complains about zumaya so i think you should give it a try, i understand he needs work but he s getting worked out there which cant do anything for him and his confidence

they already gave it a try last year and he was worse than he was as a starter. He needs to stay a starter and work through it.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ibsuckssobad08 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:49 pm

o i didnt remember them giving him a try, thats all i wanted was to see.. . ok well Drays vs KC on in 15 min... lets go delmon/shields
ibsuckssobad08
College Coach
College Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:56 pm

ibsuckssobad08 wrote:o i didnt remember them giving him a try, thats all i wanted was to see.. . ok well Drays vs KC on in 15 min... lets go delmon/shields

;-D ;-D ;-D

LETS GO RAYS
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:22 pm

We at least need to forge a tie in this series. Upton with a blast and CC with 2 steals works for me. ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:25 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:We at least need to forge a tie in this series. Upton with a blast and CC with 2 steals works for me. ;-D

me too. Jamie is looking outstandig right now
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Tampa Bay Rays