I HATE DOLAN - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I HATE DOLAN

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:39 pm

comcast does the same thing, you just never noticed since you werent paying for it. i had "silver" as well. 59.99. i had 4 boxes, and hbo ($10) and my bill was always $102-$106 a month. each box was $8.00, plus all the petty fees/taxes that they tack on whenever they want.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
(Past Year: 65)
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:46 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:comcast does the same thing, you just never noticed since you werent paying for it. i had "silver" as well. 59.99. i had 4 boxes, and hbo ($10) and my bill was always $102-$106 a month. each box was $8.00, plus all the petty fees/taxes that they tack on whenever they want.


It is either a geographic thing or you are mistaken. I can offer the Digital Variety package for a discounted rate. The customer pays only that amount (plus taxes) if they have 1 box. It's a digital package so it makes no sense to charge for the first digital box. If they have more, there is generally a fee per box but there is another promo for up to 2 additional free boxes. If you have a DVR as your main box (which you should for billing purposes), you only pay for the actual DVR and not the box as well.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 18)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:49 pm

we didnt have dvr but i paid for all 4 boxes. my "promotion" was the 59.99 for silver i think :-?
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
(Past Year: 65)
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:04 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:we didnt have dvr but i paid for all 4 boxes. my "promotion" was the 59.99 for silver i think :-?


That's odd. I can't see Comcast having different policies in different areas so you might want to call them about it. Like I said, here, you would pay $59.99 for the package (including the first box) and then $23.85 for the additional 3 boxes (at $7.95 each).
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 18)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby slomo007 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:25 pm

I'm getting HD through rabbit ears and paying absolutely $0 per month for TV. Yes, $0. Eat that Cable Companies.

On the other hand I'm typing this message on my cable internet connection that costs $50/month. !+)

If only I had another broadband option I'd cut the cable companies out completely. Seriously.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:37 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:we didnt have dvr but i paid for all 4 boxes. my "promotion" was the 59.99 for silver i think :-?


That's odd. I can't see Comcast having different policies in different areas so you might want to call them about it. Like I said, here, you would pay $59.99 for the package (including the first box) and then $23.85 for the additional 3 boxes (at $7.95 each).


i just recently moved out of my apartment (it was at college). so i wont be paying for cable any time soon again.
although i do have comcast internet at home and it is absolutely flawless.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
(Past Year: 65)
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Postby Coppermine » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:02 pm

Coppermine wrote:I'm Comcast's lady friend as far as I'm concerned; but it sounds better than Cablevision.


:-D
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Apr. 16
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Atlanta at Atlanta
(12:35 pm)
NY Yankees at NY Yankees
(12:35 pm)
Chi Cubs at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Detroit at Detroit
(1:10 pm)
Cleveland at Cleveland
(3:40 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:05 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Texas
(7:05 pm)
Kansas City at Houston
(7:08 pm)
Toronto at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Chi White Sox
(8:05 pm)
LA Angels at LA Angels
(8:10 pm)
Oakland at Oakland
(8:10 pm)
San Diego at San Diego
(8:10 pm)
Colorado at Colorado
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at San Francisco
(10:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at LA Dodgers
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact