Schmidt to start Tuesday - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Schmidt to start Tuesday

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Schmidt to start Tuesday

Postby wrveres » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:28 pm

AP wrote:“We really needed to see how that ball was coming out of his hand,” manager Grady Little said. “Hopefully, he can continue feeling good. If he’s feeling good and ready to go, we feel confident we can put him out there for 90 pitches or so Tuesday. We know he’s going to compete, and we’ll see what happens.”
With Schmidt back in the rotation, left-hander Mark Hendrickson returns to the bullpen after going 2-3 with a 4.17 ERA in 11 games, including eight starts

25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:51 pm

MLB.com wrote:"We feel like it has [returned], from what we're looking at," said Little. "He's got to get back in games to be sure, but he looks fine and he's excited."

Schmidt expressed confidence in his health coming off Wednesday's game in San Bernardino, where he struck out seven in six innings and allowed two hits.

"I'm feeling good, and when I'm feeling good, I can [throw] all day long," he said. "I came out of it good, felt fine the next day. I told them how I feel each day. I'm ready to pitch anywhere they tell me."

Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ivanhack » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:58 pm

cbs.sportsline

Jason Schmidt, SP LA

News: Jason Schmidt, the Dodgers' primary offseason pitching staff addition, will return from a nearly seven-week layoff because of an inflamed right shoulder to start Tuesday night in San Diego. The Dodgers made the decision to return Schmidt to their rotation after he threw six shutout innings Wednesday for Class-A Inland Empire in a rehabilitation start, then followed that with an impressive bullpen session Saturday in Pittsburgh. "We really needed to see how that ball was coming out of his hand," manager Grady Little said. "Hopefully, he can continue feeling good. If he's feeling good and ready to go, we feel confident we can put him out there for 90 pitches or so Tuesday. We know he's going to compete, and we'll see what happens."

Analysis: Little doesn't know if Schmidt's velocity will return immediately - the right-hander once threw in the mid-90 mph range, but was down from that earlier this season. "I think it will gradually come back, if he's feeling good," Little said. The 34-year-old Schmidt gave up two hits, walked one and struck out seven in his Class-A start Wednesday. Schmidt, who signed a three-year, $47 million contract during the offseason, was 1-2 with a 7.36 ERA in three starts for the Dodgers before being sidelined. When healthy, he is capable of being a Fantasy productive player. It appears safe to return him to lineups for Fantasy Week 10 (June 4-10). Schmidt is on track to be a two-start option right off the bat with a second start scheduled against the Blue Jays during the June 8-10 weekend.
ivanhack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby GHirsch516 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:15 pm

So, you think owners should start him or see how he fairs out for his 1st game back?
GHirsch516
College Coach
College Coach

Postby cwrtlm » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:22 pm

With Clemens out of his 2 starts and Schmidt possibly getting 2 starts I am seriously thinking of starting him.
C- Hundley, Iannetta
1b- Wallace
2b- Barney/Barmes
3b- J. Lopez
CO- G. Sanchez
SS- Tulo
MI- Castro
OF- Bay, Hart, Pagan, Smith, Francisco, Ankiel
U- C. Ross(DL), Cantu
P- Carpent, Billings, Volquez, Marcum, Norris, J. Vazquez, Westbrook, Wolf, E Rogers
cwrtlm
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wrveres » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:25 pm

I wouldn't start him against San Diego.
The Padres own Jason Schmidt.
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Danger » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:46 pm

I would never start any player coming off an injury, except maybe the Royals, but even then I'm not so sure (damn you Kazmir...)
Danger
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ivanhack » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:16 pm

GHirsch516 wrote:So, you think owners should start him or see how he fairs out for his 1st game back?

I would wait one start. I feel like they're rushing him a little. He only had 1 rehab start and it was against single A.

I own him and I'll prob wait one start. I want to see how his velocity is his first start.
ivanhack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GHirsch516 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:39 pm

I was thinking on the same lines myself.
GHirsch516
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:37 am

ivanhack wrote:
GHirsch516 wrote:So, you think owners should start him or see how he fairs out for his 1st game back?

I would wait one start. I feel like they're rushing him a little. He only had 1 rehab start and it was against single A.

I own him and I'll prob wait one start. I want to see how his velocity is his first start.

yeah i feel like they're rushing him too. he was throwing way under his normal velocity when he was "healthy", i can only imagine how he's gonna throw out of the gates this time. id definitely wait a start or two to see how the velocity is.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates