Holy crap, a huge terrorist plot broken up by govt - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Holy crap, a huge terrorist plot broken up by govt

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:39 pm

JTWood wrote:
Absolutely Adequate wrote:
Homeland Security sources said there is no current threat at the airport and the attack as planned was "not technically feasible."

Reading over the reports of this alleged JFK terror plot, I again feel the odd sense of dissonance and contradiction one always gets reading the initial reports of these alleged terror plots. The whole concept of this attack basically doesn't make sense -- in the sense that you could get the sort of chain reaction some folks on tv are talking about. And, indeed, this key fact is tepidly noted in the coverage itself, where DHS officials concede that the plot "was not technically feasible."

The relevant information from this report at CNN suggests that the key plotter, Russell Defreitas, is not a bright man.

I'm going to agree with this assessment. I get the distinct impression that this story has more style than substance. It's almost like someone decided that we needed a feather to tuck in our cap, and the quality of the feather didn't matter.

I mean, if it's so easy to blow up that much fuel, we need to look into securing that facility and fuel line further because mother nature and dumb Americans frighten me much more than almost any non-nuclear terror plot.

Finally, and most importantly, if this was such a big threat, why not wait until these guys get some serious funding/armaments and take down the guys that could financially and practically support an attack of this magnitude? Isn't that what we do with drug dealers? Wouldn't that do more to protect this country?

The whole thing smacks of self-serving lip service by Homeland Security.

great post. i couldnt agree more ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ironman » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:07 am

Hey, whatever the media can use to shield us from the fact that a crapload of troops were killed in Iraq over the weekend. :-t
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk