avatar help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

avatar help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

avatar help

Postby justinA » Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:11 pm

ive seen numerous ppl with avatars of players faces, but when i try to make them small enough, you cant even tell who it is. How do u make it work??

thanks.
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1013
Joined: 9 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby justinA » Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:22 pm

nvm.. i figured it out
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1013
Joined: 9 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sox FANatic001 » Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:30 pm

actually, how can i do this? i've tries to get different pictures, but it never works. Help would be appreciated :-)
Lets Go patsox!

yay! sox win!!!
bambino-1918-2004
Rest In Pain ;-)

Big David Ortiz Rocks my socks off
him and pokey
Sox FANatic001
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 2450
Joined: 23 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: partying with big papi after the win!

Postby DK » Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:42 pm

It has to be smaller than 80x80 pixels and 6kb. I don't have photoshop, I edited this one manually with .bmp files and converting and such. You see, I'm old school. B-)
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby Pedantic » Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:22 pm

Yeah, I just use Photoshop to crop and all that other spiffy stuff. I fixed up the j7's av of Vazquez for him.
Image
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 6725
Joined: 5 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Funny movie quote that everyone knows

Re: avatar help

Postby trevisc » Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:17 am

justinA wrote:ive seen numerous ppl with avatars of players faces, but when i try to make them small enough, you cant even tell who it is. How do u make it work??

thanks.


nice avatar..
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 11271
Joined: 6 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby j7 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:31 am

Pedantic wrote:Yeah, I just use Photoshop to crop and all that other spiffy stuff. I fixed up the j7's av of Vazquez for him.


yep, you did an awesome job too! ;-)

i originally tried doing it the old-school way like DK, but didn't have an image-converter for the bmp.... i recommend Pedantic and M_Zimm for avatar helps..
j7
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 286
Joined: 6 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby xeifrank » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:24 pm

Can someone step me through the process of creating an avatar thta is less than 80x80 and less than 6kb. I have an image I want to use, and I keep cropping it down with photoshop, and by the time I get to 5kb in file size, the image is 7 pixels by 7 pixels, which looks like a tiny dot on the screen. I am using Photoshop and my image is stored as a .jpg file at the moment.

vr

Xei
Author of: 2013 Mock Draft Software
Author of: Dodger Sims
Author of: The Sober Angels
Author of: Xei On Sports
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 959
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 24 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: SoCal

Postby Jivedude » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:32 pm

xeifrank wrote:Can someone step me through the process of creating an avatar thta is less than 80x80 and less than 6kb. I have an image I want to use, and I keep cropping it down with photoshop, and by the time I get to 5kb in file size, the image is 7 pixels by 7 pixels, which looks like a tiny dot on the screen. I am using Photoshop and my image is stored as a .jpg file at the moment.

vr

Xei


Just do "save for web", save it as a gif and adjust the loss meter until you get it small enough.
Image
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1517
Joined: 19 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 1930's Germany

Postby xeifrank » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:21 pm

Jivedude wrote:
xeifrank wrote:Can someone step me through the process of creating an avatar thta is less than 80x80 and less than 6kb. I have an image I want to use, and I keep cropping it down with photoshop, and by the time I get to 5kb in file size, the image is 7 pixels by 7 pixels, which looks like a tiny dot on the screen. I am using Photoshop and my image is stored as a .jpg file at the moment.

vr

Xei


Just do "save for web", save it as a gif and adjust the loss meter until you get it small enough.


Thanks much! :)

vr

Xei
Author of: 2013 Mock Draft Software
Author of: Dodger Sims
Author of: The Sober Angels
Author of: Xei On Sports
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 959
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 24 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: SoCal

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Aug. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Texas at Miami
(12:40 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Philadelphia
(1:05 pm)
Toronto at Milwaukee
(2:10 pm)
NY Mets at Oakland
(3:35 pm)
Houston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Atlanta at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Arizona at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
LA Angels at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(7:15 pm)
San Francisco at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Baltimore at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Kansas City at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
San Diego at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact