Wisdom Teeth - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Wisdom Teeth

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Wisdom Teeth

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:12 pm

I just got my wisdom teeth yanked this morning, and I'm in excrutiating pain. The teeth were impacted, and it wasn't pleasant. Besides the pain killers they gave me, does anyone have any other tips for reducing this pain? :~(
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Wisdom Teeth

Postby Coppermine » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:15 pm

pokerplaya wrote:I just got my wisdom teeth yanked this morning, and I'm in excrutiating pain. The teeth were impacted, and it wasn't pleasant. Besides the pain killers they gave me, does anyone have any other tips for reducing this pain? :~(

Sleep, as long as you're unconscious, it doesn't hurt.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:11 pm

I had 4 wisdom teeth that were deeply impacted yanked a few years back. The only thing outside of the pain killers that helped was rinsing with salt-water which I'm sure they've instructed you to do. It sucks during, but there is a period of relief after that. Good luck, the next few days suck. ;-)

Kudos to GiantsFan14 for the sig.
BlueBandit24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby AEMRICH » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:33 pm

i had mine done last year with one impacted. The first day really does suck and you are going to be in some pain. The next couple days are not as bad, make sure that you still eat yogurt and things like that because you don't want to take the medicine on an empty stomach. It will get better after the first day ;-D
College Tuition: $12,000
Room & Board: $5,600
Books: $500
Food Plan: $2000
Not going to college and living with your parents: Priceless
AEMRICH
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 13)

Postby Pablo975 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:28 pm

As with most things in life, whiskey usually helps the situation. ;-D

"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:43 pm

Pablo975 wrote:As with most things in life, whiskey usually helps the situation. ;-D

This vicodin isn't doing a damn thing. I'd rather stop taking it and get imbibed on whiskey, but unfortunately the antibiotics screw up that plan.... :~(
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cordscords » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:07 pm

I felt weak after I got mine pulled last year, but lucky for me I was in no pain at all.

I know it sucks, but in 3-5 days you will be 100%.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby ThatDude » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:14 pm

Pablo975 wrote:As with most things in life, whiskey usually helps the situation. ;-D

Actually, this is one of the few times whiskey doesn't really help. It thins the blood, and when you want those holes to clot up, thin blood is bad.

Mine were so sideways I had to have full-on surgery. Because I was medicating with Jack Daniels, every time I changed the gauze, I ripped the clots out. Took a week before I stopped tasting blood.

Sleeping through it worked best for me. Whatever you've got to do to get to sleep and stay asleep, do it.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:19 pm

ThatDude wrote:

Actually, this is one of the few times whiskey doesn't really help. It thins the blood, and when you want those holes to clot up, thin blood is bad.

Plus the alcohol kills the antibiotic, so infection is more likely. :-P

Sorry to hear about the pain Poker. I didn't have a ton with mine, so no real helpful tips here other than the normals. Sleep and rinse with warm salt water. Hope it gets better soon for you. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:21 pm

ThatDude wrote:

Mine were so sideways I had to have full-on surgery. Because I was medicating with Jack Daniels, every time I changed the gauze, I ripped the clots out. Took a week before I stopped tasting blood.

Sleeping through it worked best for me. Whatever you've got to do to get to sleep and stay asleep, do it.

Another very good point. I had no intention of drinking, but that is a very good point. I don't need to prolong this crap anymore than need be.

It's funny, because I was in so much pain the last 2 days from the tooth being impacted and coming in sideways and breaking through that I slept very little the last 2 nights. Over the last 48 hours, I've had maybe 6 hours of sleep. But for whatever reason, I am still wired despite the lack of sleep and vicodin.

At least there is some good baseball on TV. ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Next

Return to General Talk