Here comes Chone! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Here comes Chone!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:46 pm

I got impatient figuring that after 90 at-bats without him turning it around it was time to cut him loose. I was dragging a bit in BA and Runs, so I dealt him for Polanco.

Of course since I've dealt Chone he's had the two 3-hit games with the 2 steals. Sometimes fantasy baseball drives you nuts! Although Polanco had a pretty sweet line last night (4-for-5, SB, 3 R, 2 RBI).
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2850
Joined: 1 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:58 pm

Last week I warned everybody to get him in their lineup.

He missed the first month, so he was behind.
Those early K's were starting to turn into walks. And those walks were going to turn into hits in no time at all.
7 games at home was all he needed to get going.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31630
(Past Year: 1147)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:59 pm

wrveres wrote:Last week I warned everybody to get him in their lineup.

He missed the first month, so he was behind.
Those early K's were starting to turn into walks. And those walks were going to turn into hits in no time at all.
7 games at home was all he needed to get going.


You warned to get him in lineups because of the Angel homestand ya lug. B-)
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24643
(Past Year: 817)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Postby wrveres » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:00 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
wrveres wrote:Last week I warned everybody to get him in their lineup.

He missed the first month, so he was behind.
Those early K's were starting to turn into walks. And those walks were going to turn into hits in no time at all.
7 games at home was all he needed to get going.


You warned to get him in lineups because of the Angel homestand ya lug. B-)


isn't that what I just said :-D
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31630
(Past Year: 1147)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:03 pm

wrveres wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
wrveres wrote:Last week I warned everybody to get him in their lineup.

He missed the first month, so he was behind.
Those early K's were starting to turn into walks. And those walks were going to turn into hits in no time at all.
7 games at home was all he needed to get going.


You warned to get him in lineups because of the Angel homestand ya lug. B-)


isn't that what I just said :-D


You gotta love it when you don't read the last line of a post, because you've already convinced yourself of the point you originally intended to make. :-b
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24643
(Past Year: 817)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:11 pm

WTF is Bigh0rt talking about?
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2850
Joined: 1 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:12 pm

BillyHallDisciple wrote:WTF is Bigh0rt talking about?


Don't mind me. I've gotten too much sun the past few days. :*)
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24643
(Past Year: 817)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Postby tecmobowl12 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:44 pm

Chone, he's flying around the bases. Literally!
tecmobowl12
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 1323
Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Danger » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:48 pm

Willits and Chone making Ramon look silly :-b
Danger
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2769
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 21 May 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: McCovey Cove, on my raft with my laptop

Postby NikkiSixx » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:08 pm

Wow, what an investment Figgins was. He is looking like he will be worth the Ken Griffey Jr. I paid for him.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Response TeamPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2494
(Past Year: 367)
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 1st place!

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Apr. 18
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Cleveland
(2:20 pm)
LA Angels at Detroit
(7:05 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
St. Louis at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Miami at Miami
(7:08 pm)
indoors
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Seattle
(7:10 pm)
Atlanta at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Baltimore at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Arizona at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact