Bonds - I bought for $30
Berroa - $15
Halladay - $25
Benitez - $10
Russ Ortiz - I bought for $10
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 380)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: $ amount you'd pay

Postby Sticky Spice » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:24 am

Mrt19167 wrote:In a $260 12 team league 14 offense and 9 pitchers:
how much would you pay for the following at the listed positions (assuming that you are not squeezed and desparate to fill a spot):

Hillenbrand @ 3b
Texiera @ 3b
M. Cabrera @ 3b
Pierre
Bonds
Berroa
Halladay
Benitez
russ Ortiz

I'll assume this is non-keeper. Doesn't sound like a very fun league - 12 teams in a mixed league? Too much talent to go around - why bid high on anyone?

Hillenbrand - $2
Cabrera - $4
Pierre - $25
Bonds - $32 (more if OBP)
Halladay - $17
Benitez - $5
R Ortiz - $7
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 40)

Postby trevisc » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:38 am

Sticky Spice wrote:
Hillenbrand - $2
Cabrera - $4
Pierre - $25
Halladay - $17
Benitez - $5
R Ortiz - $7

looks like good amounts to me...

;-D
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby grammysboy » Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:33 pm

Sticky Spice wrote:
Mrt19167 wrote:In a $260 12 team league 14 offense and 9 pitchers:
how much would you pay for the following at the listed positions (assuming that you are not squeezed and desparate to fill a spot):

Hillenbrand @ 3b
Texiera @ 3b
M. Cabrera @ 3b
Pierre
Bonds
Berroa
Halladay
Benitez
russ Ortiz

I'll assume this is non-keeper. Doesn't sound like a very fun league - 12 teams in a mixed league? Too much talent to go around - why bid high on anyone?

Hillenbrand - $2
Cabrera - $4
Pierre - $25
Halladay - $17
Benitez - $5
R Ortiz - $7

Whoa, good luck with those bids! 8-o I'm assuming you don't actually plan to have any of these players on your team. Following last fall's series, Cabrera now has one of those "big" names and someone in the league will definately bid him up to double digits. I'd love to be the lucky sap who manages to get Halladay for under $20. With Benitez lookin like the closer in Florida, I'd say he will go for $10 or more, not that he's worth it, but that's what he will bring. Interesting you left Teixeira off your list, any reason?
grammysboy
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mrt19167 » Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:38 pm

First, it is a keeper league and it very competitve and fun. When a high dozen teams need a pitcher or 3b, for example, with 2 major league lefts to pick from it gets pretty interesting.
Everyone is over valuating Pierre. I can keep him at $17.00 and I an unsure whether I will. Halladay should go for at least $23 (I am keeping him at $15.00). If I want to keep Cabreara at 3b I must pay $10.00 (he was a mid-year pickup and is valued at $10.00). If he was selected as an outfielder I doubt he would go more than $5-7, but at third he may be worth the $10.00. He certainly has the potential to be amazing. Hillenbrand is probably about $3-6 depending on the time of the draft. At $3 he will be a very good pick. I think Texiera at third is worth about $15.00 but I am pleased to keep him at $1.00. if I won't keep Bonds at $39.00. benetiz is probably worth $18 but may cost as much as $23 depending if people are being squeezed for closers. Thanks for your input
Mrt19167

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Vikes24 » Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:27 am

Mrt19167 wrote:First, it is a keeper league and it very competitve and fun. When a high dozen teams need a pitcher or 3b, for example, with 2 major league lefts to pick from it gets pretty interesting.
Everyone is over valuating Pierre. I can keep him at $17.00 and I an unsure whether I will. Halladay should go for at least $23 (I am keeping him at $15.00). If I want to keep Cabreara at 3b I must pay $10.00 (he was a mid-year pickup and is valued at $10.00). If he was selected as an outfielder I doubt he would go more than $5-7, but at third he may be worth the $10.00. He certainly has the potential to be amazing. Hillenbrand is probably about $3-6 depending on the time of the draft. At $3 he will be a very good pick. I think Texiera at third is worth about $15.00 but I am pleased to keep him at $1.00. if I won't keep Bonds at $39.00. benetiz is probably worth $18 but may cost as much as $23 depending if people are being squeezed for closers. Thanks for your input

Pierre is well worth $17. It is not that people are OVERVALUING him per se, but the fact that their are only a few guys in all of baseball that are capable of stealing 50+ bases and as long as you have SB"s as a category- that is one category that you will not have to worry about finishing last in as long as you have him. He helps you in a category that not many will. If yu are getting Teixeria for a buck- spending that $17 on Pierre will give you two solid players that will help you in ALL five categories for only $18 dollars! It is a no-brainer.
Vikes24
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Sticky Spice » Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:51 am

Thank you for telling us how our advice you asked for was wrong !+)
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 40)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers