Aaron Boone out for the year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Aaron Boone out for the year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:49 am

Lofunzo wrote:
wrveres wrote:Can anybody believe this ....

10 pages of Aaron Boone ???? 8-o 8-o OMG

And not 9 of them saying how much he sucks. :-D

ya gotta love the cafe. Its Aaron "Swing and Miss" Boone. ;-7
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:47 am

Orza can babble all he wants...Union is going to lose this if they insist on a fight as it will likely head to the Civil Courts in the case that the Yanks do not receive compansation. The insurance company that insures Boone's contract will sue Boone and the MLBPA if they are forced to cover 75% of the 6M because of this and they are not subject to the MLBPA nonsense. Doubt it comes to that as Orza is just spinning BS so that a settlement more favorable to Boone can be reached.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:15 pm

Check out this deeply profound analysis from CBS:

Aaron Boone, 3B NYY

News: Boone told the New York Daily News that he plans to return from a severe knee injury sometime this year. "I plan on being back this year," he said. "Definitely. I'm going to be back." Boone is still waiting for the swelling to subside in his knee before a clearer diagnosis is known. If he needs surgery to fix a torn anterior cruciate ligament, he would need at least six months to recover, putting his anticipated return sometime near the end of July.

Analysis: Even if Boone does return late in the season, chances are that he won't make much of a Fantasy impact. He'll be hindered on the basepaths and will need to get back to full speed offensively.

I do not know which is more comical, Boone saying he will be back despite being an utter moron or CBS saying it will take time for him to get back to "Full SPeed" offensively? What does that mean, he will hit 140 instead of 210 and strikeout 4 out of every 5 plate appearances?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby trevisc » Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:48 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Check out this deeply profound analysis from CBS:

Aaron Boone, 3B NYY

News: Boone told the New York Daily News that he plans to return from a severe knee injury sometime this year. "I plan on being back this year," he said. "Definitely. I'm going to be back." Boone is still waiting for the swelling to subside in his knee before a clearer diagnosis is known. If he needs surgery to fix a torn anterior cruciate ligament, he would need at least six months to recover, putting his anticipated return sometime near the end of July.

Analysis: Even if Boone does return late in the season, chances are that he won't make much of a Fantasy impact. He'll be hindered on the basepaths and will need to get back to full speed offensively.

I do not know which is more comical, Boone saying he will be back despite being an utter moron or CBS saying it will take time for him to get back to "Full SPeed" offensively? What does that mean, he will hit 140 instead of 210 and strikeout 4 out of every 5 plate appearances?

I bet that means his Sbs will be Zilch this year regardless
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:19 pm

1. Can't steal when you do not play.

2. Can't steal when you strikeout.

3. Can't steal first base.

We have 10 pages on an utter moron who was going way too high in drafts IMO based on his mediocre at best Cincy numbers and which ignored his horrid play in NY.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:24 pm

wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
wrveres wrote:Can anybody believe this ....

10 pages of Aaron Boone ???? 8-o 8-o OMG

And not 9 of them saying how much he sucks. :-D

ya gotta love the cafe. Its Aaron "Swing and Miss" Boone. ;-7

Lol. :-D

At this rate, it will hit 11-12 pages. 8-o
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby LBJackal » Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:47 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:1. Can't steal when you do not play.

2. Can't steal when you strikeout.

3. Can't steal first base.

We have 10 pages on an utter moron who was going way too high in drafts IMO based on his mediocre at best Cincy numbers and which ignored his horrid play in NY.

Boone was well above mediocre at best when he played for Cincy. For a portion of the last couple seasons, he was ranked higher than his brother Bret. Bret is now a second round pick.......not what I'd consider mdiocre at best. Batting 8th is a different story, but I wouldn't have been surprised to see him go .265-25-100-100-25 if not for the injury.

But if by mediocre you mean top 5 2B, then OK, I'll agree with you there. Personally I have a different interpretation of mediocre.....no wonder Karim Garcia cried when he was traded to NY, look at the attitude towards new players.....

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby lesgrant » Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:44 pm

How many of you here would have actually drafted Aaron Boone on your team this year had he remained heathy? If so, what round?
lesgrant
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wrveres » Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:26 pm

lesgrant wrote:How many of you here would have actually drafted Aaron Boone on your team this year had he remained heathy? If so, what round?

I have had Aaron Boone on my roster for the last three years, in one capacity or another. I was putting him at 2B. He was ranked as one of the top 5 2B, at a very shallow positon. . ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)

Postby LBJackal » Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:01 pm

Top 5 at his position and mediocre at best........................hmmmm something isn't adding up here.

If that's true then I guess Derek Jeter is mediocre at best too, he barely cracks the top 5 best SS. Javier Vazquez must be below average, he's barely a top 10 SP..... !+)

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers