This item from the Cards' home page says he's going on the DL Tuesday.
HOUSTON -- Chris Duncan and his Cardinals teammates were still awaiting the exact results from tests on Duncan's knee as of Friday evening, but optimism is growing. Duncan's father, pitching coach Dave Duncan, said that he hopes his son could be out of the hospital as early as Saturday.
"He doesn't have a fever," Dave Duncan said on Friday. "He had a fever yesterday. So the infection has been getting out of there. They've got him on intravenous antibiotics. The cultures come back tomorrow morning, and they're hoping to let him out of the hospital tomorrow."
Chris Duncan is recuperating from an infection and bursitis in his left knee. According to the Cardinals, the infection is not a staph infection, which would lead to much greater worry about his ability to come back.
The club will not make a roster move with Duncan until at least Tuesday. If at that point he still is not close to returning, then he might be placed on the disabled list. In the meantime, the Cardinals are hoping to avoid deactivating the slugging outfielder.
"I just don't think we should lose Chris Duncan for a week if he's ready to go Tuesday," said manager Tony La Russa. "That's what I think it comes down to. I think he's important enough that we wait till Tuesday. I'd hate for him to be ready Tuesday and us put him on the disabled list."