After 2 months, make your predictions: - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

After 2 months, make your predictions:

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

After 2 months, make your predictions:

Postby sportsaddict » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:04 am

We've played 2 months, so a lot has changed since April. The Yankees, White Sox and Cards have stunk it up, the Seattle Mariners are actually not that bad somehow... so give us your predictions come October for each division, playoff predictions, and then the MVP and Cy Young. I'll start:

AL East

Red Sox
Yankees
Orioles
Devil Rays
Blue Jays

The Yankees are not this bad, honestly I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a run at the division. The Red Sox are too good though, and they will win this division.

AL Central

Indians
Tigers
Twins
Sox
Royals

The Indians have a great, young offense and their pitching is coming around. They'll win this division, and the Tigers will come in a close second on their way to a wild card.

AL West

Angels
Athletics
Mariners
Rangers

Angels are easily the best team here, the A's and Mariners' may finish around .500 or above but neither have a real shot at beating Anaheim.

NL East

Mets
Marlins
Braves
Phillies
Nationals

The best division in the NL, the East will be won by the Mets in a landslide. Look for the Marlins and Braves to both have good seasons though, and just miss out on the wild card.

NL Central

Brewers
Cardinals
Pirates
Astros
Cubs
Reds

The Brewers aren't that great but they will win this division in my opinion, as much as I hate to say it. I see them with around 87 wins and that should get it done. This division is wide open though, every single team has a shot if they got hot at the right time.

NL West

Dodgers
Padres
Diamondbacks
Giants
Rockies

Los Angeles is the clear favorite here, as they are balanced and good all around in every aspect. I don't see Arizona continuing their success, I think they are too young and still a year away. They are definitely a scary team though for the future. San Diego has a balanced squad and they will win the NL Wild Card.

AL Playoffs

Tigers over Red Sox

Indians over Angels

Tigers over Indians

NL Playoffs

Mets over Padres

Dodgers over Brewers

Dodgers over Mets

WS: Tigers over Dodgers

Detroit was my preseason pick to win it all and I'll stick with them. I love their offense with Sheffield in the middle now, and they've got a sick pitching staff. Once they get all their bullpen healthy they'll be tough to beat.

AL MVP- Vladimir Guerrero
AL Cy Young- Johan Santana
NL MVP-Jose Reyes
NL Cy Young- Jake Peavy
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:13 am

I'll just post the AL, because I don't follow the NL.

AL East
Red Sox
Yankees
Blue Jays
Orioles
Devil Rays

Boston should easily win the division. Both New York and Toronto are better than they are (and are slowly getting more healthy), and both will finish over .500 as they make their way into the WC race. New York will win the WC, I suspect. The Boss won't let them fail. I've also learned my lesson predicting a playoff appearance for the Jays, it's just never going to happen again.

AL Central
Indians
Tigers
Twins
White Sox
Royals

AL West
Angels
Athletics
Mariners
Rangers

AL MVP- Alex Rodriguez
AL Cy Young-Roy Halladay (Meh, why not, he looks as good as ever, I have to be positive about something Blue Jays-related eventually)
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Yoda » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:15 am

mweir145 wrote:AL Cy Young-Roy Halladay (Meh, why not, he looks as good as ever, I have to be positive about something Blue Jays-related eventually)

homer... :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby sportsaddict » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:15 am

mweir145 wrote:I'll just post the AL, because I don't follow the NL.

You're really missing out... what, you don't like to see pitchers bunting and small ball? what the hell's wrong with you! ;-7
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:23 am

sportsaddict wrote:
mweir145 wrote:I'll just post the AL, because I don't follow the NL.

You're really missing out... what, you don't like to see pitchers bunting and small ball? what the hell's wrong with you! ;-7

Well what I meant by that is that I just have no idea who's doing what in terms of the standings in that league. So giving predictions on something I don't know or haven't seen enough of wouldn't really make any sense, would it? I do watch any baseball I can, though.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:25 am

Yoda wrote:
mweir145 wrote:AL Cy Young-Roy Halladay (Meh, why not, he looks as good as ever, I have to be positive about something Blue Jays-related eventually)

homer... :-D

Yeah, obviously a homer pick.
But who knows, it's all about who gets the most wins in the end anyway. The Jays could start winning consistently with a good offense again someday, right? :-o
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby JustAnotherYanksFan » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:54 pm

AL EAST
Boston*
New York*
Toronto
Baltimore
Tampa Bay

AL CENTRAL
Cleveland*
Minnesota
Detroit
Chicago
Kansas City

AL WEST
Los Angeles*
Oakland
Seattle
Texas

I think that the Red Sox and Angels should win their divisions pretty easily. The AL Wild Card race should definitely be intriguing, with the Yanks and four the of the Central teams as potential contenders. It's hard for me to imagine the Yanks not making the playoffs. However, while I don't think they'll continue to play this poorly, there are plenty of very good teams in the Central that - unlike the Yanks - haven't been set back by awful starts. Still, they're only 6 games back in the WC race, and I think they've got a strong enough roster to pull it off, especially once Clemens starts pitching. I'm actually fairly pleased about their pitching right now - what I'm more concerned about is whether Abreu can turn things around. When he's playing well, the offense is just a lot more stable and consistent.

NL EAST
New York*
Atlanta*
Florida
Philadelphia
Washington

NL CENTRAL
Milwaukee*
St. Louis
Chicago
Houston
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh

NL WEST
Los Angeles*
San Diego
Arizona
San Francisco
Colorado

I think Milwaukee has enough pitching depth that they should be able to hold onto the Central even if their offense cools off a bit. The Mets should win the East - even if Maine/Ollie cool off, Pedro will be coming back at some point. However, the Braves have a VERY strong and balanced team, and I expect that they'll make their way into the playoffs. The West will probably come down to LA and SD. Both teams have strong rotations and bullpens, but LA gets the nod due to a better offense (although I'll admit that SD's rotation is a bit stronger). The D-Backs could make a run at it, but I think they're playing a bit over their heads right now and will probably cool off as the season goes on. However, if Valverde can keep his head screwed on straight, then their bullpen is really going to start to shape up into one of the better pens in the league. Adding that to a strong young offensive core, the Diamondbacks could become a force to be reckoned with over the next couple years. I just don't think everything is quite ready to fall into place yet.

Edit: For the MVP's and Cy's...
AL MVP: Vlad (backup choice: Hafner)
AL Cy: Dan Haren (backup choice: Johan)
NL MVP: Albert Pujols (backup choice: Prince Fielder, or if he can somehow stay healthy, Chipper Jones)
NL Cy: Jake Peavy (backup choice: Oswalt)
JustAnotherYanksFan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:18 pm

AL East
Boston
New York
Toronto
Baltimore
Tampa Bay

AL Central
Cleveland
Detroit
Minnesota
Chicago
Kansas City

AL West
Los Angeles
Oakland
Seattle
Texas

NL East
New York
Atlanta
Florida
Philadelphia
Washington

NL Central
Milwaukee
Houston
St Louis
Chicago
Pittsburgh

NL West
Los Angeles
San Diego
San Francisco
Colorado

AL Playoffs
Boston over Detroit
Cleveland over Los Angeles
Boston over Cleveland

NL Playoffs
Mets over San Diego
Los Angeles over Milwaukee
Mets over Los Angeles

Mets over Boston in 7 :-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:22 pm

AL Central:

Detroit
Cleveland (WC)
Minnesota
Chicago
Kansas City

-I think Detroit is a tad better than Cleveland despite the Indians owning them recently. With a healthy Rogers down the stretch I think the Tigers push past Cleveland.

AL East:

Boston
New York
Toronto
Baltimore
Tampa Bay

-Boston runs away with it, and Clemens isn't enough to get the Yankees the wild card although they do get back over .500.

AL West:

Los Angeles
Seattle
Oakland
Texas

-LA runs away with it and neither Oakland nor Seattle make much noise in the wild card race.

AL MVP-Magglio Ordonez
AL Cy Young-Johan Santana

NL Central

Milwaukee
Houston
St. Louis
Chicago
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh

-Not so much about Milwaukee being a great team as compared to everyone else having too many flaws. Brewers win the division with a win total in the 80's.

NL East

New York
Atlanta (WC)
Philadelphia
Florida
Washington

-The Mets are the class of the division but Atlanta is dangerous. Philly make push late for the WC but I can't see them overtaking the Braves.

NL West

Los Angeles
San Diego
Arizona
Colorado
San Francisco

-The Dodgers are the most balanced team. The Padres pitching will keep them in the West and wild card race until the end but their bats will hurt them.

NL MVP-Jose Reyes
NL Cy Young-Jake Peavy

Kudos to GiantsFan14 for the sig.
BlueBandit24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CadensDad » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:39 pm

HOMER time!

AL East

* Sox
Yanks
Rays
Jays
O's

Al Central
*Indians
*Tigers
Twins
Sox
Royals

AL West
*A's
Rangers
Angels
M's

MVP-Ortiz (Dark horse Hafner)
Cy Young- Santana (Dark Horse Halladay)

NL East

*Braves
*Mets
Marlins
Phils
NAts

Nl Central

*Brewers
Astros
Cards
Pirates
Cubs
Reds

NL West

* D'Backs
Pads
giants
Rocks

Nl MVP- Pujols (Darkhorse- Feilder)

NL Cy young- Peavy (Dark horse- Hudson)

Braves over D'Backs

Mets over Brewers

Sox over Tigers

Indians over A's

Mets over Braves

Indians over Sox

Indians over Mets

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers