Lincecum - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Lincecum

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby coldfusion » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:05 am

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:I stand by my position of Lincecum's optimal self actualization is in a closer role, not starter. I favor long term high quality success over Dwight Gooden like short term craziness.

Dwight Gooden's downfall had more to do with the fact that he was an addict...
coldfusion
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:48 am

You have to get your head checked if you think Lincecum will end up in the bullpen this year. :-°
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Biohazard1454 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:20 am

easy there tiger......he is stayin in the rotation.....Giants are not that stupid....or are they??

I know that he's not going anywhere. When I first read it, I read it as the Giants will consider moving Lincecum to the bullpen....not how it reads, they will NOT consider moving him. I about fell out of my chair. But after reading it again, I thought "no s*** sherlock."

Again, there is no chance they move him from his starter's role this year and thought this was kind of funny to read after his great starts.

Of course like I said it's the wacky world of baseball and I know some people were shocked when Philly moved Brett Myers to the bullpen. Just for that reason, I'll keep working on my resignment letter. :-D
Biohazard1454
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Yoda » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:00 pm

Lincecum owners need to be careful with bashers/haters out there giving unsubstantiated and biased opinions. Here is an example:

Chrisy Moltisanti - Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:02 am wrote:No, I've read everything he's written since the start, three times. Yoda (& PWF) has single handedly caused many to overrate Lincecum along with himself, while most have offered more balanced opinions. I'm sure inept things have been said after TL's first start but I didn't bother to read that stuff, it's too early and TL did what I expected as a starter in his first start. TL should have spent time in AA, more time in AAA or should have been brought up via the Weaver method through the pen, which many of you are familiar with via Johan Santana.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby redjake » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:09 pm

Yoda wrote:Lincecum owners need to be careful with bashers/haters out there giving unsubstantiated and biased opinions. Here is an example:

Chrisy Moltisanti - Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:02 am wrote:No, I've read everything he's written since the start, three times. Yoda (& PWF) has single handedly caused many to overrate Lincecum along with himself, while most have offered more balanced opinions. I'm sure inept things have been said after TL's first start but I didn't bother to read that stuff, it's too early and TL did what I expected as a starter in his first start. TL should have spent time in AA, more time in AAA or should have been brought up via the Weaver method through the pen, which many of you are familiar with via Johan Santana.

You and Chrisy aren't best friends, are you?
redjake
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:16 pm

Yoda wrote:Lincecum owners need to be careful with bashers/haters out there giving unsubstantiated and biased opinions. Here is an example:

wow you need to get a life. do you do anything other than troll these boards? work? school? a life ?are these familiar concepts to you?

we won't know if my ideas on how TL are more accurate until it's all said and done. there are years more of baseball to be played.

as far as TL and RP: being prepared for a player to change is different than expecting it.
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Yoda » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:19 pm

redjake wrote:

You and Chrisy aren't best friends, are you?

I never get along with bashers or even pumpers who have no idea what they are talking about.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:25 pm

Christy and Yoda, you two are really starting to agitate me with this nonsense. :-t Get over it. :-°
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates