Giambi conspiracy theory - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Giambi conspiracy theory

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby blankman » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:37 am

B1leper wrote:That said, there's no conspiracy here. The steal was not a straight steal but a hit and run where the batter swung and missed. The catcher then threw the ball into center field. Giambi has been battling the foot strain all month, and felt something "pop" while jogging around the bases after a HR in the same game that he earlier stole the base.

Exactly. The steal was a broken play where he simply got lucky. That kind of stuff happens all the time.

There is no question that he's actually hurt. Just watching him try to run has been brutal. He's seriously injured.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:40 am

B1leper wrote:I love conspiracy theories. No question that someone was on the grassy nole.

That said, there's no conspiracy here. The steal was not a straight steal but a hit and run where the batter swung and missed. The catcher then threw the ball into center field. Giambi has been battling the foot strain all month, and felt something "pop" while jogging around the bases after a HR in the same game that he earlier stole the base.

What is interesting, if you truely want to start a conspiracy theory is that this is the same exact injury that Mark McGuire sufferred in his career. Maybe the injury, as evidenced from Giambi and McGuire's problems, is the result of steroids and bulking up to the point where the foot ligaments cannot support the added weight.

As for Clemens, there has to be something to his "annual" retirements....

Isnt it ironic that the steroid users get hurt pretty bad following steroid investigations? Bonds, Giambi, Clemens....
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby sandman042 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:43 am

[quote="RocketsDWM"][quote="B1leper"]I love conspiracy theories. No question that someone was on the grassy nole.

That said, there's no conspiracy here. The steal was not a straight steal but a hit and run where the batter swung and missed. The catcher then threw the ball into center field. Giambi has been battling the foot strain all month, and felt something "pop" while jogging around the bases after a HR in the same game that he earlier stole the base.

What is interesting, if you truely want to start a conspiracy theory is that this is the same exact injury that Mark McGuire sufferred in his career. Maybe the injury, as evidenced from Giambi and McGuire's problems, is the result of steroids and bulking up to the point where the foot ligaments cannot support the added weight.

As for Clemens, there has to be something to his "annual" retirements....[/quote]

Isnt it ironic that the steroid users get hurt pretty bad following steroid investigations? Bonds, Giambi, Clemens....[/quote]

y is clemens name in there? he didnt get injured.
sandman042
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby B1leper » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:54 am

sandman042 wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
B1leper wrote:I love conspiracy theories. No question that someone was on the grassy nole.

As for Clemens, there has to be something to his "annual" retirements....

Isnt it ironic that the steroid users get hurt pretty bad following steroid investigations? Bonds, Giambi, Clemens....

y is clemens name in there? he didnt get injured.

I think he was implying that Clemens, like the others, has taken time "off" (retirement?) following investigations, or preventing testing from being conducted.

While it is certainly possible that Clemens has used the extra 3 month off-season created by his "retirements" (remember, MLB can't drug test a "retired" player) to roid up, I am doubtful that this is the case this season. Last year he returned in top form, while this season he just looked fat. We'll see how he pitches.
B1leper
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:05 pm

sosa sucks, leave the game for a year and comes back dropping bombs :-?

The Yanks want to distance themselves from Giambi and have been trying to get out of his contract for a while wouldn't surprise me.

Clemens annual retirement is always interesting b/c everyone is tested in ST, and he isn't around for that test
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CadensDad » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:08 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:sosa sucks, leave the game for a year and comes back dropping bombs :-?

The Yanks want to distance themselves from Giambi and have been trying to get out of his contract for a while wouldn't surprise me.

Clemens annual retirement is always interesting b/c everyone is tested in ST, and he isn't around for that test

He worked out with the Astros quite a bit, I'm sure he get's/got tested like everyone else

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:50 pm

CadensDad wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:sosa sucks, leave the game for a year and comes back dropping bombs :-?

He worked out with the Astros quite a bit, I'm sure he get's/got tested like everyone else

He doesn't from what i understand. They are tested in ST if they are part of the roster, i mean why test him he is "retired". Every player is randomly tested once throughout the rest of the season, but still. The other thing is that if they are taking HGH it isn't testable anyway. You would be dumb to take steroids anymore IMO b/c it is testable and HGH is not
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SonsofSlam04 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:33 pm

This is Bonds all over again ... Just baseball's solution to covering steroid users... What a joke? Why not just suspend the fat sweaty cheater ?

As for Clemens... its a convienent excuse considering all the negative backlash he is getting for DODGING the Red Sox this weekend.
SonsofSlam04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigken117 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:42 pm

If they made Palmeiro public - a 500 HR club member and a sure HOF at that point - I don't think they'd go through the trouble of covering up for Giambi, who is none of the above. If anything he has been a thorn in the side of MLB with his recent comments and they would probably like to disparage him. I think the injury is real.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 251)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers