Postby penguin1318 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:12 pm

I appreciate your feedback and want to keep getting better. thanks

^much thanks to soty^
penguin1318
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Danger » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:33 am

I'm still new myself so I'm not one to give advice but I can barely see the text :-/
Danger
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:02 am

not bad...

1. border! ALWAYS use a border.
2. i would change the placement of the 2 pics of papi. usually one on the left and one on the right would be a good plan.
3. the logo of the red sox should be moved up so you can see it alittle more and not see blue at the top of the logo.
4. while the repetitive "red sox" background will do for now while you're trying to improve the rest of the sig, but in the future, id go another route.
5. spice up the text alittle bit. DL some fonts from dafont.com instead of just using generic text.

my main advice to you right now is just work on placement of the pics, cutting, etc...dont worry about the bg and text too much right now. if you get the player cut out right and placed on the right way, you can then work with blending/lighting/effects on the player THEN worry about backgrounds, THEN worry about text. text is still the hardest part of making a sig for me, and distinguishes a sig from great to just good in my opinion. hope my advice was helpful ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby soty » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:20 am

Snakes Gould wrote:not bad...

1. border! ALWAYS use a border.
2. i would change the placement of the 2 pics of papi. usually one on the left and one on the right would be a good plan.
3. the logo of the red sox should be moved up so you can see it alittle more and not see blue at the top of the logo.
4. while the repetitive "red sox" background will do for now while you're trying to improve the rest of the sig, but in the future, id go another route.
5. spice up the text alittle bit. DL some fonts from dafont.com instead of just using generic text.

my main advice to you right now is just work on placement of the pics, cutting, etc...dont worry about the bg and text too much right now. if you get the player cut out right and placed on the right way, you can then work with blending/lighting/effects on the player THEN worry about backgrounds, THEN worry about text. text is still the hardest part of making a sig for me, and distinguishes a sig from great to just good in my opinion. hope my advice was helpful ;-D
Thanks for the advice on the text. I will definitely be checking that out. ;-D
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Return to Contests and Showing Off