Holliday - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Holliday

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Sid Bream's Slide » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:42 pm

Any word on if he's going to be playing?
Sid Bream's Slide
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Matchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Big Train » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:59 pm

Diggs wrote:These quotes from Helton lead me to believe that the "gash" story is NOT true:

''Well, he bumped his head in the dugout. Hard enough where we had to bring him out of the game,'' manager Clint Hurdle said. ''That's all I got.''

Holliday leads the Rockies, who are in the basement of the NL West, with a .347 batting average, 10 homers and 43 RBIs. Before leaving the game, he singled to extend his hitting streak to 10 games.

''I saw him right afterwards, and it looked pretty painful,'' first baseman Todd Helton told the Rockies' team Web site. ''It was on the top of his head. It was a cantaloupe, grapefruit, I don't know. Pick one of those oversized fruit.''

:-o

I've seen this quote in another article but it was written in a different context: Helton was being humourous and merely making fun of Holliday for injuring himself.
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Holliday back in line-up tonight

Postby Midgetoe » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:31 pm

Holliday back in Rockies' lineup
By Patrick Saunders
Denver Post Staff Writer
Article Last Updated: 06/02/2007 03:55:10 PM MDT

Matt Holliday enters tonight's game at Coors Field with a .347 batting average. (Post file)Despite a cut and prominent bump on the top of his head, Rockies left fielder Matt Holliday is back in the starting lineup for tonight's game against Cincinnati.

Holliday suffered the injury in a dugout mishap Friday night and left the game prior to the fifth inning. This afternoon, he was visibly angry about a published report this morning that said he injured himself out of frustration.

That story said that Holliday "was so frustrated after he popped up on the first pitch with one out and runners on first and third in the third inning that he injured himself. When he tried to bang himself on the head with his helmet, he instead slashed his head by hitting it with the bill."

Today, Holliday set the record straight. He said the mishap was simply an accident. Holliday said he was heading from the dugout into the tunnel that leads toward the clubhouse when he hopped over something lying on the bottom step. When he hopped, he ended up cracking the top of his head against a concrete overhang.
"I didn't take my helmet in frustration and beat myself with it," Holliday said. "That's ridiculous to write that I hurt myself that way."

Although the gash and bump on the top of his head are clearly visible, Holliday said he didn't suffer a concussion.

"I hurt my head and Doogie (trainer Keith Dugger) didn't want me to play the rest of the game," Holliday said. "I was knocked a little silly but I could have kept playing."
Midgetoe
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Danger » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:42 pm

Good to hear, thanks for the update ;-D
Danger
General Manager
General Manager

Postby roncool11 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:47 pm

any news if atkins is still out?