Barrett vs Zambrano!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Barrett vs Zambrano!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby sportsaddict » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:47 am

From what it sounds like I think they let Barrett and Zambrano go at it in the clubhouse for real, and it looks like Barrett got his ass kicked... he has two black eyes and seems real messed up. I can only imagine what they were saying to each other before that scuffle in the dugout:

Zambrano: Use your head, Barrett! (points to head) Use your head! You idiot, why make that throw, dumb-s@%@!

Barrett- (points to scoreboard) Check out the scoreboard, I think you just let up 7 runs and your ERA is almost 6

Zambrano- Oh now you're gonna get it! (attempts to fight Barrett but actually just starts slapping him upside the head)
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bwanna » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:47 am

[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:15 am

activechamp2006 wrote:
Tavish wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:
Tavish wrote:If I were Carlos I would be upset as well. Barrett has been calling for meatball pitches from Zambrano all year long. That strategy has really affected his ERA.

GIVE ME A BREAK....you blame that on Barrett?

Yes and apparently Zambrano does too. Barrett looks to be out to sabotage Zambrano's career, I think that is perfectly obvious. Why else would he call for pitches right down the pipe that hitters have no problem knocking around the park? Maybe Barrett is jealous of Zambrano's contract.

Zambrano is trying to be a team player and following the catcher's calls. Since I'm not 100% sure about Barrett's motives I won't completely blame him. Maybe these calls are coming from the dugout and Barrett is just relaying them. Maybe it is a negotiating tactic from the Cubs front office who are looking to cut Zambrano's pay after the spending spree they went on this off-season.

These explanations make much more sense than Zambrano simply not being very good. Plus if the reason behind his blow-up was simple frustration at getting pounded every 5 days I wouldn't be able to lay the sarcasm on nearly this thick.

You're just joking right?
Because if not, that has to be one of the funniest and most ignorant thing's i've ever read.

Did you read his last sentance?
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby TheDocIsIn » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:18 am

Fantasy Man 27 wrote:Zambrano would have gotten his arse kicked.

Funniest thing I've heard in a while. Barrett's face will tell you otherwise.

Barrett is as good as done in Chicago IMO.
TheDocIsIn
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:03 am

Tavish wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:
Tavish wrote:If I were Carlos I would be upset as well. Barrett has been calling for meatball pitches from Zambrano all year long. That strategy has really affected his ERA.

GIVE ME A BREAK....you blame that on Barrett?

Yes and apparently Zambrano does too. Barrett looks to be out to sabotage Zambrano's career, I think that is perfectly obvious. Why else would he call for pitches right down the pipe that hitters have no problem knocking around the park? Maybe Barrett is jealous of Zambrano's contract.

Zambrano is trying to be a team player and following the catcher's calls. Since I'm not 100% sure about Barrett's motives I won't completely blame him. Maybe these calls are coming from the dugout and Barrett is just relaying them. Maybe it is a negotiating tactic from the Cubs front office who are looking to cut Zambrano's pay after the spending spree they went on this off-season.

These explanations make much more sense than Zambrano simply not being very good. Plus if the reason behind his blow-up was simple frustration at getting pounded every 5 days I wouldn't be able to lay the sarcasm on nearly this thick.

shat up. too much
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby dryice » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:42 am

think this one goes on the zam man.

generally known not to bitch and moan about your teamates' screwups, and he broke the rule first.

but, DEAAA-

thought when Piniena took over, wud be some ars kicking and the era of stupid ball wud be over.

but this team STILL sucks.
dryice
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby AcidRock23 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:49 am

Dare I suggest....Cra-Z?

I can't claim it is original though...

LINK
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby partibrejker » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:00 am

that was a lame fight. They started fighting like two school girls
Davor F.
partibrejker
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Jury » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:43 am

partibrejker wrote:that was a lame fight. They started fighting like two school girls

Not every sport is UFC.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wrveres » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:52 am

Don't fret it Tav. I got the Joke ..

BTW Marrioti is reporting that Big Z landed a good 7 or 8 punches to Barrett's face.
Zambrano could be gone for a while.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers