Rich Harden... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Rich Harden...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rich Harden...

Postby Amazing Oopah » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:51 pm

Harden is a like a beatiful unicorn everyone wants to ride but is too fragile to take you anywhere.
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re:

Postby Mashug » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:25 pm

STLCards16 wrote:
silverZ wrote:Has this kid even picked up a baseball within the last week?

That would be risking another injury.

Hahahaha!
Mashug
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby poopdungbeatle » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:27 pm

Amazing Oopah wrote:Harden is a like a beatiful unicorn everyone wants to ride but is too fragile to take you anywhere.

WTF?!!?.........but i like it. Nice.
poopdungbeatle
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kearney » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:53 pm

Rich is one of my best friends. He tells me he is targeting a mid-august return. He doesn't want to flirt with danger at this point...
kearney
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby wildbill » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:23 pm

Hardeneese: I feel fine

English translation: I can control the Pain with over-the-counter pain medication instead of prescription pain killers.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Guzman24 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:46 pm

This one cracked me up about Harden last year.

"The San Francisco Chronicle's Gwen Knapp reports Oakland Athletics SP Rich Harden (elbow) has given up video games and playing the guitar in fear that it will stunt his recovery from a strained elbow ligament."
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Big Train » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:20 am

Looks like Friday against the Mets... somehow, I don't even care.

"Harden also worked Monday, although his action came in a simulated game at the Coliseum. The right-hander, who has missed two months with a shoulder impingement, retired all six hitters (Bobby Kielty, J.J. Furmaniak and Chris Snelling, twice each) he faced and he threw 27 pitches.

Assuming he comes out of Monday's action feeling fine, Harden will throw one or two innings (about 30 pitches) for Triple-A Sacramento on Wednesday. Should that go well, he will be with the A's on their next road trip, starting Friday at Shea Stadium.

"Overall, it went well," said Harden, who used only his fastball and changeup. He'll work in his breaking stuff his next time out. "I'm getting closer."

In something of an unusual move, Harden will be getting prepared to start while working out of the bullpen. That could present some challenges; Harden needs to get from 30 pitches to about 80 before he starts, which should mean three or four relief appearances -- but what role will he fill as he gets in his work? And what happens if he needs to throw 50 pitches but the starter works deep into the game?

Geren said Harden always can get in extra throws in the bullpen -- or, he simply could start the game in order to get in enough work ... to start.

He'll pitch in relief for the River Cats, "just to get used to it," said Harden, who worked in Oakland's bullpen in 2005 when he came back from a lat strain.

A scout who attended the simulated game said that Harden was throwing 89 mph but didn't appear to be going full-bore, which wouldn't be unusual for a simulated game."

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f ... MP&type=as
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:43 am

kearney wrote:Rich is one of my best friends. He tells me he is targeting a mid-august return. He doesn't want to flirt with danger at this point...

Looks like he lied to you. You should really find new friends. :b
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby poopdungbeatle » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:59 am

The Big Train wrote:Looks like Friday against the Mets... somehow, I don't even care.

"Harden also worked Monday, although his action came in a simulated game at the Coliseum. The right-hander, who has missed two months with a shoulder impingement, retired all six hitters (Bobby Kielty, J.J. Furmaniak and Chris Snelling, twice each) he faced and he threw 27 pitches.

Assuming he comes out of Monday's action feeling fine, Harden will throw one or two innings (about 30 pitches) for Triple-A Sacramento on Wednesday. Should that go well, he will be with the A's on their next road trip, starting Friday at Shea Stadium.

"Overall, it went well," said Harden, who used only his fastball and changeup. He'll work in his breaking stuff his next time out. "I'm getting closer."

In something of an unusual move, Harden will be getting prepared to start while working out of the bullpen. That could present some challenges; Harden needs to get from 30 pitches to about 80 before he starts, which should mean three or four relief appearances -- but what role will he fill as he gets in his work? And what happens if he needs to throw 50 pitches but the starter works deep into the game?

Geren said Harden always can get in extra throws in the bullpen -- or, he simply could start the game in order to get in enough work ... to start.

He'll pitch in relief for the River Cats, "just to get used to it," said Harden, who worked in Oakland's bullpen in 2005 when he came back from a lat strain.

A scout who attended the simulated game said that Harden was throwing 89 mph but didn't appear to be going full-bore, which wouldn't be unusual for a simulated game."

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f ... MP&type=as

3 words

Best........Sig.......EVER!!!!

OMG! i love your sig dude! lol
the sig is so simple, but the messege is so clear and true...
poopdungbeatle
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jtbarr » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:59 am

Yeah, that is a nasty sig. But I do love it. Nice job.

In my dreamworld, no one would pay any attention to Barry as he passes the real home run king, Hank, who will, incidentally remain the home run king in everyone's eyes until Arod takes over the thrown somewhere down the line. If Hank is still around, and why wouldn't he be, it'd be nice to see him at all of Arod's games leading up to the record breaker. That would say a lot.
jtbarr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates