Who's going to be the biggest bust of the year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who's going to be the biggest bust of the year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby knapplc » Thu May 31, 2007 12:51 pm

d18Mike wrote:I nominate a position -- first base/dh. The round/value ratio of this position has been abysmal:

Pujols
Howard
Berkman
Delgado
Texeria
Konerko
LaRoche
Sexson
Giambi
Thomas
Hafner
Garciaparra
D. Lee (unless you were looking for SS power)

Soriano is my overall pick. Any firstrounder (top 5 pick even) on pace for 12HR-18SB season is a bust of epic proportions.

Agreed and agreed! 1B as a whole has been disappointing this year, and Soriano is just awful so far.

The hot, hot days of summer when these guys really start getting loose are still ahead of us and I expect many of these guys to turn it around still, but two months into the season 1B is killing many teams.

The only good news for most at 1B is that since so many guys are performing under expectations, no single fantasy team is really getting hurt here. Most teams should be experiencing less-than-hoped-for production from these guys, so it balances out.

Now if Sori could just realize he's better than this, maybe my Cubs can start going somewhere in that Black Hole that is the NL Central!!! :-[
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Laean » Thu May 31, 2007 12:54 pm

Geek wrote:To anyone who says that Dice-K is the biggest bust:

Would you rather have Carlos Zambrano or Felix Hernandez?

i'd rather have carlos zambrano. he won't finish his big contract year with a 4.50+ era, let alone the 5.24 it is now. he's also been getting better in may (cutting down walks and whip, going deeper into games), as opposed to matsuzaka.

i wouldn't want felix because of the injury issues.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu May 31, 2007 1:05 pm

ARod's new girlfriend might be the biggest bust of the year. :-B

Sorry couldn't resist. :-b
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Dice » Thu May 31, 2007 1:13 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:ARod's new girlfriend might be the biggest bust of the year. :-B

Neither could he.
www.csfbl.com Computer Simulated Fantasy Baseball League
Dice
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby yossarian » Thu May 31, 2007 1:24 pm

I'm really beginning to dislike Soriano. I really didn't want to draft him, but he kind of fell to me and I talked myself into it. I KNEW he was gonna do this, after signing his fat conctract. Ugh. :-P
yossarian
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AdvRider » Thu May 31, 2007 1:28 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:ARod's new girlfriend might be the biggest bust of the year. :-B

Hilarious!!!! :-D :-D :-D
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby roninmedia » Thu May 31, 2007 1:31 pm

knapplc wrote:
d18Mike wrote:I nominate a position -- first base/dh. The round/value ratio of this position has been abysmal:

Pujols
Howard
Berkman
Delgado
Texeria
Konerko
LaRoche
Sexson
Giambi
Thomas
Hafner
Garciaparra

Soriano is my overall pick. Any firstrounder (top 5 pick even) on pace for 12HR-18SB season is a bust of epic proportions.

Agreed and agreed! 1B as a whole has been disappointing this year, and Soriano is just awful so far.

The hot, hot days of summer when these guys really start getting loose are still ahead of us and I expect many of these guys to turn it around still, but two months into the season 1B is killing many teams.

The only good news for most at 1B is that since so many guys are performing under expectations, no single fantasy team is really getting hurt here. Most teams should be experiencing less-than-hoped-for production from these guys, so it balances out.

Now if Sori could just realize he's better than this, maybe my Cubs can start going somewhere in that Black Hole that is the NL Central!!! :-[

Sorry guys, I have Morneau and Fielder manning my 1st and Util spots. :-D

I do think a 1st Baseman will take the prize as biggest bust though.
roninmedia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby YardBirds » Thu May 31, 2007 1:38 pm

roninmedia wrote:
knapplc wrote:

Pujols
Howard
Berkman
Delgado
Texeria
Konerko
LaRoche
Sexson
Giambi
Thomas
Hafner
Garciaparra

Sorry guys, I have Morneau and Fielder manning my 1st and Util spots. :-D

I do think a 1st Baseman will take the prize as biggest bust though.

I have Adrian Gonzalez, Prince Fielder, and Gary Sheffield at 1B (with Gary getting some OF time also) :-°
"I never used a corked bat...And if I took it to court I'd win that case." --Albert "Joey" Belle
YardBirds
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rookies and cream » Thu May 31, 2007 2:19 pm

Would you rather have Carlos Zambrano or Felix Hernandez?

Unfortunately, I have both of these guys on my team. :-o

Fortunately, I have Dan Haren to balance them out ;-D
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 43)

Postby Ender » Thu May 31, 2007 4:40 pm

Soriano probably won't make up for his miserable April but you have to at least partially count that as an injury.

In May he outproduced ARod, Reyes, Pujols, Beltran, Vlad, MCab, Crawford, Ortiz, Utley, Rollins, Hanley, Berkman, Manny, Howard though, so he's turning things around.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers