A-Rod - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

A-Rod

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A-Rod

Postby partibrejker » Thu May 31, 2007 1:21 am

A-Rod will single handedly save the Yankees season by distracting every pop up by scaring the players thats catching the ball.

Guy seems unbelievable. Hes a great player but it seems that last two weeks they show more of ARod scaring players, sliding in and then jumping into another player to save the double play and of course how can we forget, the hulk hogan look a like stripper he was with in Toronto.

edited by kimchi_chigae
Davor F.
partibrejker
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:38 am

What did A-Rod do?? I didn't hear anything.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:00 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

Looks like Torre says it was unacceptable what he did. ARod also said in his inital interview that it would be bad if he said "I got it." As we know now he said "mine," which translates in baseball to mean the same thing. I guess he knew what he did was wrong too. Throughout the league, a majority of the players have also called the move bush league. So... are you guys still defending this move as common and fair?
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Ty Webb » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:41 am

mweir145 wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

Looks like Torre says it was unacceptable what he did. ARod also said in his inital interview that it would be bad if he said "I got it." As we know now he said "mine," which translates in baseball to mean the same thing. I guess he knew what he did was wrong too. Throughout the league, a majority of the players have also called the move bush league. So... are you guys still defending this move as common and fair?

zzzzzzzzzzz...
Ty Webb
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:35 pm

Ty Webb wrote:

zzzzzzzzzzz...

A predictable response.

So do you agree with what your manager and ARod said or not?
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:13 pm

mweir145 wrote:
Ty Webb wrote:

zzzzzzzzzzz...

A predictable response.

I think that this baby has been put to bed but you keep waking it up.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Ty Webb » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:53 pm

mweir145 wrote:
Ty Webb wrote:

zzzzzzzzzzz...

A predictable response.

i stand by all my statements that say it is a complete non-issue. i'm completely fine with you calling it bush league if thats what you want to call it.

torre and every other yankee barely make a peep when it comes to commenting on arod. they have to answer questions about him every day. also, the yankees in general say very little to media that has any substance. its all lip service. what torre said was something to the effect that he shouldn't have done it. story squashed, comments on the subject over, nice little story about arod put to bed. you think torre is going to let it become a circus. he knows what to say and when to say it.

go huddle up with your toronto announcers, other ball players, or whoever you are quoting that says he clearly said "mine!" because for me its over and done with. you seem to be the only person here that cares. to me, you haven't won any arguments because in my mind there weren't any, the guy yelled something and someone didn't make a play. i seem to remember most guys basically telling you to relax and quit crying. its baseball, not a missile crisis or genocide in darfur. get a grip dude. you are going to give yourself carpal tunnel.
Ty Webb
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:50 pm

Ty Webb wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Ty Webb wrote:

zzzzzzzzzzz...

A predictable response.

i stand by all my statements that say it is a complete non-issue. i'm completely fine with you calling it bush league if thats what you want to call it.

You stand by all your statements despite practically everybody in baseball, including your own team's manager saying it wasn't a non issue?

torre and every other yankee have barely ever made a peep when it comes to commenting on arod.

And why do you think that is? Because they know what he did was wrong. I'm actually surprised Torre actually said what he said the other day about how it was unacceptable behaviour because that means he was going agaisnt one of his own players, but that just shows how bush a comment it really was, and how much ARod has lost the respect of his own clubhouse.

go listen to your toronto announcers, other ball players, or whoever you are quoting that says he clearly said "mine!" because its over and done with.

Whether he said "mine" or not isn't up for debate. He did. There is audio and video evidence of him doing it that they've been playing around the clock up here in Toronto a few days ago. The biggest thing is that so many of his peers around the league have come out and called that bush league behaviour, when many of you were just saying the Jays were being "cry babies" about the entire thing and how it was such a common thing to do (which it is clearly not, as we all know now).

you seem to be the only person here that cares. to me, you haven't won any arguments because in my mind there weren't any. guys were telling you to relax... its baseball, not a missile crisis or genocide in darfur. get a grip dude. you are going to give yourself carpal tunnel.

What do you mean there weren't any? There were atleast 20 people that posted in that thread saying the move was a totally fair and common thing that happens in baseball every day, when it clearly wasn't. People reacted like I was stupid for even suggesting that that kind of move was in any way classless. So yes, I'm going to stick it to the people that continued to tell me how wrong I was, when I actually turned out to be right. The biggest thing with me is that nobody acknowledged what he did was wrong, the majority just said it was a good, clean baseball move, which is totally false. And sorry, just because they are facts associated with this that you, and your band of Yankees fans, don't want to recognize, it doesn't mean the incident is suddenly going to be swept under the table.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby partibrejker » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:47 am

^^^ dude why are you even trying to make an argument with all these Yankee fans. You know that they will back up whatever A Rod did/does because they can't stand the fact that they are 13.5 games behind Boston. Yeah what he did was wrong. Yankee fan, Boston fan any baseball fan can't make an argument to say what he did wasn't wrong. Only person that backed up A Rod was Barry Bonds, and lets face it he could use a few friends him self, so there is no wonder hes saying it was OK.

Here is what's funniest the most. All Yankee fans love A Rod but come September time when he chokes and can't hit for shit, they all turn on him boo him and then it goes all over again the next year. Start of season A Rod plays great Yankee fans jump on the bandwagon, end of season (playoffs) A Rod sucks, and it's oh no trade him he is this he is that. It has happened ever since he came to the Yankees and will happened until he leaves Yankees.
Davor F.
partibrejker
College Coach
College Coach

Wrong Forum!

Postby WebHamster » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:50 am

Some people just won't let this go.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer