Need hardcore Analysis...why is this team at the bottom?WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Need hardcore Analysis...why is this team at the bottom?WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need hardcore Analysis...why is this team at the bottom?WHIR

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed May 30, 2007 8:36 pm

ok this is a 12 team DYNASTY league...h2h...standard 5x5 yahoo cats...sitting in 10th out of the 12 teams only 11 GB (actually a crazy league last place team is only 13 GB) but anyways why should this team be sitting this low? and how do i change it?...

Batters
C: A.J. Pierzynski (C)
1B: Albert Pujols (1B)
2B: Ray Durham (2B)
3B: David Wright (3B)
SS: Edgar Renteria (SS)
OF: Carlos Lee (OF), Bill Hall (3B,SS,OF), Carlos Beltran (OF)
Util: David Ortiz (1B)
BN: Troy Glaus (3B,SS), Troy Tulowitzki (SS), Jack Cust (OF), Nick Markakis (OF), Mark Teahen (3B,OF)
DL: Josh Hamilton (OF), Hank Blalock (3B), Joe Mauer (C)

Pitchers
SP: Matt Cain (SP), John Lackey (SP)
RP: Billy Wagner (RP), Todd Jones (RP)
P: Rich Hill (SP), Sergio Mitre (SP,RP), Micah Owings (SP)
BN: Dave Bush (SP), Noah Lowry (SP), John Danks (SP), Ervin Santana (SP)
DL: Clay Hensley (SP,RP), Rich Harden (SP)

this leauge with the size of the rosters is very thin on the FA lists...i think i need some help with some more arms, but im making due with what i can as most of the managers don't want to give up pitching...what should i move what should i do?

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fortune cookies » Wed May 30, 2007 8:54 pm

Pitching is the obvious problem, because your offence has 4 stud top 12 batters. I would only trust Lackey, Cain, Hill for your starters. I would trade Glaus for a solid pitcher and you should be fine in the league. If no one bites on him, I would send someone young at a position you are set at. I would maybe send Markakis because you are likely to find an owner who buys high on young talent, and may get a really solid pitcher in return.

Thanks to Idahofan1 for the great sig
fortune cookies
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu May 31, 2007 6:43 pm

bump...anyone else out there with another thought??

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Knicks4ever » Thu May 31, 2007 6:52 pm

I agree with the other poster, you need pitching help, but i would look for help with ur bullpen first. Look to deal Hall and Glaus to teams that need help at SS for good young closer as you could easily have no closers in a few years with jones and wagner getting older and you could use a 3rd now. Also try to target some up and comming closers, aka set up me who should be closers in the future, Broxton, Zumaya, Soriano, and Morrow are a few.

Could u help me out?

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=294324
Knicks4ever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

well

Postby marc1313 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:58 am

tough luck with mauer and harden on the DL...other than that make sure to start Ervin Santana when he's at home and pitches like an all-star but never on the road where he pitches like jeff weaver...i would also try and use glaus, renteria, or wright as trade bait to upgrade the SP
GO Doyers!
marc1313 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Therobsclub » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:29 pm

Yikes! Your pitching is horrible! Not to be blunt about it but yikes! You should either trade Renteria or Glaus away for a good SP. No use of having one of those bats on the bench. Make a move now while both players are hott.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=294721
Twins for Life baby!
Therobsclub
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 13)

Postby TennaciousD » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:36 pm

You should package Glaus, Markakis, and E. Santana for a top flight starter and good backup OF. Surely somebody has to be willing to part with a starter if you offer up depth like that.

Help with mine
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=294760
TennaciousD
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby meathead » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:41 pm

for one youre in a h2h league. this team is higher up at least 3 spots in a roto league so it looks like you probably ran into some unlucky matchups. and another thing with h2h, especially with yahoo, starting pitching is very unimportant. theres always the the unpopular but effective method of streaming pitchers. people will hate you but wins and k's are 2 free points if you do that. id try to push some of your starting pitchers for more closers. durham is the only weak leg i see on offense.
meathead
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby citti34 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:14 pm

You need to trade some of that offense for some defense. I think you can put together a decent team if you some trading (sell high, buy low). You’ll be dead in the water if you try to stick it out and grab players off waivers or FA.

Help http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=294903&highlight=
Last edited by citti34 on Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
citti34
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby meathead » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:22 pm

wrong once again... i said durham was weak and hes 2-3 with a homer today. good for you and my giants. good luck man.
meathead
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team