Stacked at Pitching. how do I improve? WHIR as always - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Stacked at Pitching. how do I improve? WHIR as always

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Stacked at Pitching. how do I improve? WHIR as always

Postby psycho1jau » Wed May 30, 2007 8:17 pm

I have no bench players, but I'm not too worried, as my starting 9 are solid, but I'd like a bit of lineup flexibility. My strategy is always to keep one spot open for high potential guys, and it's worked for me. It got me Gorzelanny, Oliver Perez, Upton, Lincecum, Maine, Duncan, and Swisher, some of whom have moved in trades. My point is, I like to pick these guys up in hopes that they are the real deal. Right now I'm looking at three pitchers who seem to be the real deal and can do a good job in my rotation, but there is no one worth dropping on my team. Who should I trade to improve? I know my lineup has no glaring weakness, but if I were to make a deal for a guy, who should I go for that would help me out? Right now I have a deal on the table where I give Bay/Cain and I get Soriano/Weeks, but it might not go through. Anyway, where I should I make a deal? Who has the highest trade value of my pitchers?

The two guys I was thinking about trading are Zambrano (don't trust him to turn it around truly with his bad control) and Cain (he's hyped, but his HR's should start catching up, and his BB's are hard to take). These are the only two who I think are not going to play worth their trade value. The pitchers I'm looking to pick up are Wolf, Gaudin, and Belisle. All three look to be the real deal based on their peripheral numbers.

Just leave a link and I'll get back to you, I always do.

10 Team Yahoo League: daily H2H
R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, Fpct, AVG, OPS
W, SV, BB, K, HLD, ERA
My Team:
C Victor Martinez
1B Albert Pujols
2B BJ Upton
3B Aramis Ramirez
SS Jimmy Rollins
OF Alfonso Soriano
OF Andruw Jones
OF Carl Crawford
Util Travis Hafner
BN Rickie Weeks

SP Carlos Zambrano
SP Roy Oswalt
RP Bobby Jenks
RP Al Reyes
P Scot Shields
P Billy Wagner
P Erik Bedard
BN Dan Haren
BN Oliver Perez
BN Tim Lincecum
BN Ian Snell
DL Phil Hughes
Last edited by psycho1jau on Thu May 31, 2007 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
psycho1jau
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chaos598 » Wed May 30, 2007 9:53 pm

Two spots: OF (replace Andruw) and 2B (replace Upton)

Oswalt, Haren, Lincecum should be untouchable.

Andruw/Cain for Sizemore?

Upton/Zambrano for Utley?

That would make your starting 9 sick. You'd have 2 open spots, take up a hitter with multiple positions and a pitcher (Gaudin?).
chaos598
College Coach
College Coach

Postby psycho1jau » Wed May 30, 2007 9:58 pm

Thanks man. That's the kind of answer I was looking for. The only problem is that Utley is the only guy who's untouchable. The girl who owns him is a Philly fan, so prying him away is impossible.

I agree on Upton being a sell high. Is there another 2B besides Utley that I should go for. Roberts, Weeks, someone else. I'm afraid of Upton's dip when his K's catch up to him, but his combo of power and speed might still make him the 2nd best 2B out there.
psycho1jau
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mykedoc77 » Thu May 31, 2007 12:29 am

Upton should be able to keep up his production b/c of the lineup and iwamura is back. Utley he is not, but he is a Top 5 2B. I like the first trade proposal better, replace Jones and go for Sizemore!
Mykedoc77
mykedoc77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby psycho1jau » Thu May 31, 2007 12:39 am

Just wanted to update, I traded Bay and Cain for Rickie Weeks and Alfonso Soriano. Is Weeks a better 2B than Upton?

Do you guys think Jones will turn it around? He's had bad months before, but he's always turned it around and had crazy good months after that. I see him breaking out of it soon.

Do you guys think I should go for Reyes or A-Rod at 3B or SS. I have solid top 3-5 guys already at both positions, but can you imagine if my lineup consisted of A-Rod, Pujols and Reyes in the infield. Then Crawford in the OF.

I'm thinking
Zambrano/ARam for A-Rod or
Bedard/Rollins for Reyes

Then I can use the open spots to get two of the guys above, or a closer like Accardo.
psycho1jau
College Coach
College Coach

Postby yamar2001 » Thu May 31, 2007 2:39 am

A-rod.. I like his power alot and this yankee offence has got to heat up pretty soon man... it has to happen

Like the upside in your pitching staff, but alot of questions, I own a few of the pitchers you own.

You might want to look into players who can play a wide number of positions, this way you can have less bench position players and load up on pitching.

Duncan? Cudyer? Glaus? Maybe buy low on Glaus, when he plays he is one of the best players in baseball. Perhaps someone is sick of him being injured? You can serve a few different needs with a guy like Glaus.
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=294579&highlight=

wanna help me out too? click my link
yamar2001
College Coach
College Coach

Postby yamar2001 » Thu May 31, 2007 2:41 am

P.S

I am not too high on Snell, if I were you I would ditch him. Also, Hughes... I really dont expect much from this guy this year..many others believe the same thing.

Maybe drop him and grab a pitcher off the WW that is on the d\l but has a bit more upside?

If Big Z can turn it around I like your staff alot

help me? click my sig.
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=294579&highlight=

wanna help me out too? click my link
yamar2001
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mariahthepariah » Thu May 31, 2007 3:19 am

I would think about Zambrano/Jones for Holliday maybe. I also like the Utley ideal.
Thanks to CrashOverrid3 for the sig!
mariahthepariah
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The River » Thu May 31, 2007 6:33 am

Roll with the Utley deal ;-D
The River
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby emartin1010 » Thu May 31, 2007 10:29 am

Man, I'd stick with Andruw. He is going to catch fire really soon. I watched the Braves game yesterday and he was killing the ball. Hold on to him my friend, he is ready to roll.

E
emartin1010
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team